The Clairvoyant - Iron Maiden collaboration

Today a play a bit with the tracks,
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1457645/iron1.mp3

the guitars will have to be edited. I will do that when I have time, time issues can be fixed but some tuning issues might be more complicated.

colonel_claypoo there were some problems in the begining of the drums? I ask this because the bass and the guitars dont align with the hit hats in the begining.

Here's a mix with my vocals.
http://db.tt/8yiGfiJY
The files haven't been all in sync, so I cut off the hi-hat in the beginning etc. But you get the point.
It's not an easy song to sing. I would like to get your opinions on it.
Also I am curious how El Gato will sound :)

^ awesome dude. Great singing man.:headbang: I really like your voice.

I am already editing and mixing the track, and yeah the begining with hit hat starts too late. I going to fix all those minor things. The guitars are already edited. Hey Skaldir do you have the raw files for your tracks?

Thanks. Although I think its not really good enough and too strained. I had better days when I rehearsed it in the car ;)
But when I recorded it it was pretty exhausting. I think I should do some parts again, or wait what El Gato comes up with first before I send you the raw track.

We can always do even better but I think it´s quite good as it is. Ok dude, no problem lets wait for el gato.

that's weird. in my case it lines up perfectly well with the bass.
bass riff twice, then hihat on the one, just like the original.

At first I thought it was the bass, that had more notes than the original track in the begining but then I put the original track in cubase and I saw that the hit hat not began like in the original track but a bit later. Not a major problem but that´s weird because you would be first to notice that. But you say that is correct. Kinda weird.

maybe it's hard to tell because the original is played very loosely? the guitars that were tracked also start at the exakt same hit as the programmed hihat so everything seems to be fine.
not a major problem, tough, I agree. can't wait to mix it.
do we have to do anything different to the guitars or solo? what do you guys think?

do we have to do anything different to the guitars or solo? what do you guys think?

There is a false note in the lead guitar at the part that starts at 30 seconds.

Hard to describe which note is it.

de de de de de dö dö dööööö comes two times, its all ok
then at the third time there are additional note

de de de de dö di de dö dööööö

where the "di" is in the original track it goes higher, in the recorded version the note goes lower.
Could be fixed by just pitching the note in melodyne or similar.