The Doom Metal thread

What the fuck is with faggots ruining the only threads that actually have potential to be somewhat useful?

hey guys I'm new to doom metal, I'm wondering if there are any bands that play something similar to opeth/novembre/tiamat

sort of gothic/doom with alot of emotion, clean production, good songwriting and (preferably) clean vocals

hey guys I'm new to doom metal, I'm wondering if there are any bands that play something similar to opeth/novembre/tiamat

sort of gothic/doom with alot of emotion, clean production, good songwriting and (preferably) clean vocals

try Reverend Bizarre...they may not be as progressive but they are super-slow traditional doom metal with clean singing.

You've probably already listened to them but old Katatonia (Brave Murder Day, For Funerals To Come and Sounds of Decay mainly) and Daylight Dies (the new one is quite good) would be the first things that come to mind.

About Paul Chain being mentioned: His material ranges from very good to masterpiece. He just got experimental in his latest albums, his first releases are pure Black Sabbath worship (a little experimental, some use of atmospheric keyboards and maybe some kraut-ish guitar mannerisms) with masterfull guitar work and psychotic vocals. "In The Darkness", "Whited Sepulchres" , "Mirror" and "Alkahest" are my favourites. He also made one (i think) demo with Wino that is an absolute must heard. The guy is definetally one of the most underrated songwritters in the general heavy scene.

See, if I could FIND Paul Chain albums for under 500 dollars apiece, I'd buy some. :loco:

If you did some search, maybe you would indeed find some.

Well, yeah, the new stuff, but I can't find any of the old albums. They're so far out of print it hurts, are there any plans for reissues?

EDIT:

PAUL CHAIN / OPERA 4 / LP - $58.00
$10.00 3d 14h 43m
PAUL CHAIN / EVIL AND SORROW / PICTURE LP 1 $58.00
$10.00 3d 14h 49m
PAUL CHAIN / KING OF THE DREAM / ITALIAN ORIG MLP 1 $52.00
$10.00 3d 14h 54m
PAUL CHAIN / ASH / ITALIAN MLP - $52.00
$10.00 3d 14h 59m
PAUL CHAIN / LIFE AND DEATH / ORIG LP 1 $58.00
$10.00 3d 15h 03m
PAUL CHAIN / ALKAHEIST / ORIG ITA LP - $58.00

PAUL CHAIN / MIRROR / 7 EP - $49.00
$10.00 7d 13h 37m
PAUL CHAIN / LES TEMPS DU GRAND FRERE / 7 EP - $49.00
$10.00 7d 13h 42m

FUCK

Check out Mourning Beloveth. The guitars are extremely melodic, there is tons of emotion in the music, the production is good, and clean vocals are used about 30% of the time, depending on the album and the song.

ok I'm bumping this thread as I've been on a huge doom kick as of late.

been listening to Reverend Bizarre and Cathedral a lot, also plan on revisiting some funeral doom stuff like Worship and Thergothon.

I can't believe I just noticed Reverend Bizarre namedropping in "Goddess Of Doom"