The Doom Metal thread

read what I fucking said you twat, I wanted something slow just not too slow where it's a 30 minute song with 4 riffs (I wanted something at about the same pace as novembre/opeth/tiamat)

Dont pay no mind to that retard. The irony of it all is, is that he sounds completely ignorant because not all Doom Metal is actually slow.

Do you dig Black Sabbath's first 5 or 6 albums? If so, there are tons of great bands that use the direct Sabbath-Iommi influence.

Dont pay no mind to that retard. The irony of it all is, is that he sounds completely ignorant because not all Doom Metal is actually slow.

Do you dig Black Sabbath's first 5 or 6 albums? If so, there are tons of great bands that use the direct Sabbath-Iommi influence.

I recommended him Reverend Bizarre, but I doubt he listened to me.

read what I fucking said you twat, I wanted something slow just not too slow where it's a 30 minute song with 4 riffs (I wanted something at about the same pace as novembre/opeth/tiamat)
same pace as those 3?
try swallow the sun...sorry if they've been mentioned already
but try em. Some of their stuff gets pretty repetitive but if you find the gems...you'll love it.
I started w/ the first song of off ghosts of loss(stunning track)
im bad w/ song titles and too lazy to look it up
Also try RAPTURE from finland

I recommended him Reverend Bizarre, but I doubt he listened to me.

I dont know if thats what he is looking for though, at all, based on his request. *shrug*

Actually, now that I see he mentions opeth, novembre, and tiamat, he really isnt looking for Doom at all really...so now I dont know what to say.

If its "death-doom" hes looking for...bleh...I can recommend umm:

My Dying Bride - Turn Lose The Swans
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
Early Anathema
Arcane Sun - S/T ...wouldnt consider them doom whatsoever but you'd like them.
Morgion - Solinari
Necare - Ruin

Those arent that slow..

:lol:

I'm just going to laugh. There are doom bands mentioned all over so figure out what doom you like and then ask for recomendations so you make sense. You're the dumbest college student!

EDIT. Turn Loose The Swans is slower than molasses so why would he like that ?. He said he does not want something to slow for what it looks like atmospheric metal music!

hm, havnt seen this until now.

ive been playing alot YOB recently. great doom/stoner band that gets overlooked i think
~gR~

YOB often seem too intellectually-inclined to be stoner doom, though I realize the "stoner" tag results from a particular sound rather than the attitudes/lyrics of the band.

Anyway, I second Necare, they're good shit. Check out Herem for some good death/doom-type stuff. You can download both of their demos for free from their site. They have a female growler who is pretty darn good.

click plz

Check out Mourning Beloveth. The guitars are extremely melodic, there is tons of emotion in the music, the production is good, and clean vocals are used about 30% of the time, depending on the album and the song.

Mourning Beloveth are awesome. Very MDB-esque, but also very different in important ways. One of my favorite newer doom death bands.

Anyone know Ahab? I just got the 2006 album from them. Call of the Wretched Sea? I haven't listened to it much but what I've heard is really impressive. Literary funeral doom. Fun stuff (well not fun, but you get the idea.)

Ahab are alright, but they fall in the same rut as Catacombs...that is, fucking ploddy and boring and TOO similar within the context of an album. It may be evil, etc. but it's not a very good listen.

hey guys I'm new to doom metal, I'm wondering if there are any bands that play something similar to opeth/novembre/tiamat

sort of gothic/doom with alot of emotion, clean production, good songwriting and (preferably) clean vocals

Anathema, October Tide, Scald (Rus)

I have Candlemass's discog, two Cathedral albums and some Black Sabbath discs.

I know I could probably turn my head and find fifty more bands like these, but how does some trad candlemass-esque doom sound? Thanks.