The Doom Metal thread

Yeah... I've been digging into the proto-doom and hard rock archives, other similar good bands like Blues Creation, Dark, Atomic Rooster, Leaf Hound, Wicked Lady... all great stuff.

Well, according to Metal Archives he plays on a couple of tracks as well. It is more upbeat however. Some songs are worth a listen, reminds me of Night Sun without the heavy use of organ...
All these are nice and sweet, i just don't think that the album is something Sabbath fans "must check", and i'm not only talking about its style, but also about its quality.

I'm in love with Doom Death
Bands:
The Wounded (old) :kickass:
Novembers Doom :headbang:
My Dying Bride :worship:
Swallow the Sun :heh:
Theatre of Tragedy(old) :OMG:
Paradise Lost (old) :)
Draconian :worship:

Can anyone tell me any more bands that kind of sound like this?

To the above poster:
Saturnus(Paradise Belongs To You)
Anathema(The Silent Enigma)
Katatonia(Brave Murder Day)
You might be interested in Daylight Dies
there's alot more that I can't think of right now.

I need more stuff a la Nortt, and not "suicidal black metal" like Xasthur...something more on the side of doom but with black metal bleakness.

I'm in love with Doom Death
Bands:
My Dying Bride :worship:
Swallow the Sun :heh:
Paradise Lost (old) :)

Can anyone tell me any more bands that kind of sound like this?
You can try these:

Ablaze in Hatred
http://www.myspace.com/ablazeinhatred
"Harsh yet melodic doom/death with a prominent atmosphere."
Hanging Garden
http://www.myspace.com/findoom
"Gothic/doom with a harsh touch. The music is mostly melancolic, but can also be somewhat brutal. Only male growls are used."

how can you say that? Worship clearly influenced Mournful Congregation.

But I think a band can be influenced by some other band yet create better msic (I'm not telling it's the case here, I know these bands rather weakly, I must get more recordings).

how can you say that? Worship clearly influenced Mournful Congregation.

What does that have to do with anything? Slayer influenced The Chasm, yet The Chasm are clearly a better band. Helloween influenced Hibria, Hibria owns them. Dream Theater influenced Vanden Plas (obviously) but who kicks the shit out of who?

Influence doesn't automatically mean >.