the dynamite politics thread

Villain said:
:lol: at the chicken.

But who said this one:

?

i don't know. the chicken thing was a copy n paste from an email list. at first i assumed it was the second paragraph of Rush Limbaugh's rant but now I suppose it could be the thoughts of the person who originally posted it. ??

i'm glad you enjoyed it though. :)

-Villain ("the chicken crossed the road to become a septic broiler")

:lol: nah. i think the chick escaped becoming a septic broiler!

she then went on to become an adult hen, and subsequently went on to lay some unearthly eggs of de-creation. :loco: :Spin:

DeepInMisery said:
see? people are STUPID. :mad:

yes, i hate those silly little fuckers. perty soon they will get nice jobs and become just as well-dociled as they're destined to be. (as if they're not already.. they are the chickens.. and this is the factory!)

welcome to the machine!

NP: Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - Welcome To The Machine

earth_icon.gif

DeepInMisery said:
see? people are STUPID. :mad:

yes, i hate those silly little fuckers. perty soon they will get nice jobs and become just as well-dociled as they're destined to be. (as if they're not already.. they are the chickens.. and this is the factory!)

welcome to the machine!

NP: Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here - Welcome To The Machine

Exactly...
They want to destroy the system that made them and their families... until it turns out that they can make a rather nice profit from said system... :rolleyes:

Maybe I should point out that I'm in no way conservative ;) I'm just too far to the left to be right, too far to the right to be left and lurking too much in the outskirts to be in the centre... It's rather nice because I can criticise everyone without having to stand up for a particular ideology or party myself. It gets trickier when it comes to voting though...

Pink Floyd

"Free Four"

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime.
You suffle in gloom in the sickroom
And talk to yourself till you die.
Life is a short, warm moment
And death is a long cold rest.
You get your chance to try
In the twinkling of an eye:
Eighty years, with luck, or even less.
So all aboard for the American tour,
And maybe you'll make it to the top.
And mind how you go.
I can tell you, because I know.
You may find it hard to get off.
You are the angel of death
And I am the dead man's son.
And he died like a mole in a fox hole.
And everyone is still in the run.
And who is the master of fox hounds?
And who says the hunt has begun?
And who calls the tune in the courtroom?
And who beats the funeral drum?
The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime.
You suffle in gloom in the sickroom
And talk to yourself till you die.

To get back to the issue at hand, look at this:

BBC News said:
They comprise the war on terror which President Bush declared soon
after the 11 September attacks, and the effort to stop the spread of
weapons of mass destruction to so-called rogue states.

Source: BBC News

Hmmm, somehow it's quite odd how they figured to go after weapons of
mass destruction, when their buildings are hit by planes... Maybe it's
just me, but I think there might be another reason ;)

BTW, that is not even the most stupidest thing in the article, go read it
if you need a good laugh.

BBC News said:
Was it just diplomacy which has forced North Korea to the table?

Or was it the sight of American power being deployed in Iraq?

Yep, american power, pretty much the same as the school bully beating
up the cripple young kid, in the wheelchair, for the lunch money.

Give it up, admit why you went there, we all know it, but like the bully,
USA is a bunch of cowards, so they won't.

Salamurhaaja said:
Yep, american power, pretty much the same as the school bully beating
up the cripple young kid, in the wheelchair, for the lunch money.

Give it up, admit why you went there, we all know it, but like the bully,
USA is a bunch of cowards, so they won't.

Yes, this war was at its heart a display of the strength of America's military might, no matter what anyone else would say (whether it worked exactly as planned is up to debate, personally I was hardly 'shocked and awed'). What I'm curious about, Salmmy, is how you would have handled this situation. My position is that coercive force (and the threat of it) is the only way to do bussiness in this world. Without the threat of punishment there is no reason to cooperate, be it on a global scale between nation-states or between individual human beings.

We showed we're not afraid of punishing these nations and it seems to be working in North Korea's case. Now, I just hope we continue to compel other regime changes in lands that do not posess the riches of Iraq, because if we do not, then I will begin to agree a lot more with Salmmy, Villain and the other anti-US people here. (Except the smiling at troops deaths...not cool, man)

-Humanure

BBC News said:
American Secretary of State Colin Powell has said France will suffer
consequences for having opposed the US over the war with Iraq.

Sooo, Mr. Powell (among others) thinks a country should be punished
for having the balls to stand up to a dictator nation, sometimes I wonder
who the hell would elect these people, but then I remember we are
talking of a country full of droids, who think TV is the best thing since
sliced bread.

Another book EVERYONE in the US should be forced to read/listen:
Michael Moore - Stupid White Men ...and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!

For example there is a section dealing with how everyone was
outraged at Clinton for pardoning some rich dude, who got caught for
tax evasion, but how no one said a word when G.W. Bush basicly let
an oil company off the hook, TOTALLY, for dumping raw oil and so on.
There was also a few other pardons Bush did, all oil industry related.

Wonderful to have a president like that.
And btw, from what I have hear of Al Gore lately, he would have been
a helluva better president, had he been the president, 911 shit might
not have happened.

NP: (The) C/Kovenant - SETI - Planet Of Apes

"Monkey see, monkey do
Evolution was never true
Of all the lies they feed to you
What you see if what you do
Monkey me and monkey you"

@salmy: off-topic, but do you manage to access um often and without problems? because here it sucks about half the times. i thought maybe the reason for your not being here that much could be related to the incredible suckiness of this supposedly "fast" server. :bah:

rahvin.

:p
to put some spice back into this thread:
i just read the border between the greek and turkish-controlled parts of cyprus have been opened today for travel, the first time since nearly 29 years. i wonder what the turks and greeks of this forum think about this step. and i'd like to know why they even fought about the island.

edit: @salamurhaaja: i read the bokk and it was indeed quite interesting, though moore could have left out the stuff about the israel and ireland conflicts. his comments were meant to be cynic, but every 10yo can throw stuff like "they (the catholics) just don't have enough sex in ireland" around. but overall quite good, although i didn't bother to look up all the sources he gave. it's just a matter to who you would like to believe mo(o)re... but GWB is not really an option there :D

I'm so glad that the US/UK bombed the shit out of Irak because they found those huge silos full of weapons of massive destruction, enough to blow all the planet to smithereens, now I feel safe.

@Vulture: I'm not an expert on the subject, but as far as i know, Cyprus was all greek (ie with greek-cypriots rulling it) and during a dictatorship in greece, the turks invaded in Cyprus and took almost half of the island and slaughtered the greek-cypriots who lived there and made them leave their houses and all greek-cypriots had to live in the greek side of the island. The turkish side doesn't even have a real government and that's why it's called a pseudo-state by everyone i know.
Anyway, a few years ago a couple of greeks were shot and killed by the turks for passing the green-line or smt like that (ie they passed in the turkish side).
All in all, i don't know about the free travel thing you mentioned and if it's good or bad, i would be fully satisfied only if all the island came back in greek-cypriotic hands and ppl were compensated for all they went through during and because of the invasion. :err:

Thanatos said:
I'm so glad that the US/UK bombed the shit out of Irak because they found those huge silos full of weapons of massive destruction, enough to blow all the planet to smithereens, now I feel safe.

Yep, I feel the same way, don't worry tho, they will also hopefully blow
up even more... (smoke in your face).

@rahvin
funny you should mention that, when I was submitting that post, the
fucking thing died on me totally, took me like 20min to get back to check
if that message was even posted.
Yes, this place sucks and I don't spend more than 30min a day here, if
that, tho I am sure I am not missed, as long as Mark gets more
donations and bands here, thats great, just throw usefulness totally out
the window.