the dynamite politics thread

dank you :)

i could answer you with my misheard lyrics video of Focus Shift (there's Galeazzi in it, the italians may actually enjoy it) but i wont dare. You guys must know this band better than anybody, you re all truly..."precious" to me. My love, My own, my...negation.

Some people here know the band personally and some people here like me are just regular fanboys. No need to worship us except if the worshipping includes gold and virgins. I wouldn't say no to that :saint:

If you are Italian or even understand Italian, click and voice your approval. :p I'm actually writing for the political enemy, but one's got to do...

Ah, the Austrian philosopher Paul Feyerabend. Now he's quite a controversial case, so to speak. Once again it is proven how this little country in the heart of Europe is indeed the source of all evil.

Cthulhu4Prez-Preview.png

So how about Kosovo's recent declaration of independence? If memory serves me right there used to be one or two guys from the Balkans hanging around here, if they are still around it'd be great to hear their opinion on the topic.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7256158.stm

It's a tricky situation... I worry about the viability of a Kosovar state, as well as the precedent it will set, both for the Balkans and for the rest of the world. For the latter reason especially, many countries will be unlikely to recognise Kosovo as a state and I wonder where that will leave it, if it does push ahead with its claim and is recognised in part by some European states and the US.

I have one Albanian girl in my class and she is glad about the independence.
In my opinion though it would have been a lot better if the Kosovo had joined Albania again. That way it could have caused less possible problems.
I am now awaiting the reaction mainly of Palestine. Rumors are they are thinking about a declaration of independence as well. There are a lot more countries with minorities in the world and each one saw how perfect everything worked out for them.
I do not have time to write more right now, maybe later (as in tomorrow).

Yea, Im curious to see how Palestine or other minorities react as well, like the Basques. I disagree that things have worked out perfectly though. With the serbs showing profound denial of recent history together with extreme nationalism and hurt pride, I dont think we're close to seeing the end of their opposition to the kosovo's independence.

will the "free Republic of Flanders" declare its independence soon? :p

I dont mind if that happens, as long as Belgians dont start to bomb each other and find a good agreement that satisfices everyone.

I remember seeing in a documentary recently that most of the energy/water of Kosovo comes from the water of Serbia. So if Serbia decides to cut off the supply, things will be really hard for Kosovo and viability will be threatened (their energy situation isn't all that good in the first place anyway).

@Matse: I do not feel comfortable with the idea of Kosovo joining Albania. Mostly because of the idea of the "Great Albania" that Albanians have. (edit: of course all, or most of, balkan populations seem to have fantasies of grandeur, to a bigger or lesser extent)