The food thread.

Does anyone else here not eat fried food? I would imagine that anyone else really into working out doesn't either. I guess it tastes pretty good, but I can easily do without it. Sames goes for cheese and sweets.

Not often, but one of my favorite dishes is the Maine fried seafood platter, which usually contains fried haddock, shrimp, clams and scallops. Served with cole slaw and rice pilaf.

I work out, but It's so hard to resist those delicious wings at Hooters every now and then.
Best, and hottest, wings on the planet are at Duff's in Buffalo. It's like a local version of Hooters. I once scored 10 bucks in a bet with my cousin over whether I could finish a 10-order of the "suicidal wings", the hottest wings in country. I won.

I mainly think of stuff like steak with hickory sauce, really well made burgers, and, well, bbq in general. And pizza hut! ;) Not sure if that is typical that's why I added the parentes.
Sounds about right. It's just strange to think about it because American food is so infused with all different types of other foods. What American chains do you have?

Sounds about right. It's just strange to think about it because American food is so infused with all different types of other foods. What American chains do you have?
My favorite chain here is Texas Long Horn but that is a swedish chain serving american food I think. not originally from America. Other then that we have Burger King, Pizza Hut, McDonalds and... that's about it I think. Maybe some more I'm not sure which ones are from over there and which ones aren't. :)
I like homemade the most though!

I wish there were more European chains operating in the US. Then again, most chain restaurants are inferior in quality, the exception being Legal Seafoods.

My favorite chain here is Texas Long Horn but that is a swedish chain serving american food I think. not originally from America. Other then that we have Burger King, Pizza Hut, McDonalds and... that's about it I think. Maybe some more I'm not sure which ones are from over there and which ones aren't. :)
I like homemade the most though!
Sounds like good stuff.

Legal Seafoods.
:worship:

Just ate homemade pasta with homemade sauce involving much tomato & herbs and ricotta cheese balls. Made at the home of my girlfriends parents. Good food ftmfw.

I haven't had pasta in a while. They serve it most days at the dining hall but I'm too impatient to wait in line and wait for them to prepare it for you.

I'm having my father make seafood paella on Saturday after I get back home.

I only eat Balut

Wow, really? I live in a municipality where Balut making is the main business here! :worship:

Anyways, I like a lot of food... but since I'm on a diet, I'm kinda avoiding some unhealthy treats (some are posted below)... :loco:

I like...

Pizza (Anything!)
Pasta (Angelhair ftw! Specially seafood pasta! mmm...)
Grilled Meat and Seafood (Boneless Bangus, Squid, Pork, Chicken)
Roasted Chicken
Spare Ribs
Pansit Palabok/Malabon/Canton
Eggs
Tinola
Bicol Express
Laing
Grilled Chicken and Pork Intestines
Grilled Pig Blood
Tilapia
Lapu-Lapu
Crabs
Calamares
Shrimps (Yay!)
Big Burgers
Crispy Pata
Fruits (Salad or just plain eating it)
Veggies (Salad or mixed Veggies like Pakbet)
Chocolates! (Cadbury, Hersheys, Kisses, Snickers, etc...)
Pringles

... and many more

What I really do not eat is Liver... ulk... But I do eat canned Liver Spread! hehe...