The Game Thread

I may be a videogame BH actually, yes.

But imo playing FPS with controllers is just torture. Gimme a mouse and WASD and I'll show you how it's done :D

It's torture because you're not used to it. And only that.

Tho I agree with you, FPS should stay on PC, while consoles can get the crappy rpg's and stuff.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd-2dZMDAGw
How fucking sweet does this game look
Comes out tomorrow. Just bought off Steam for £13.

Yeah, and they even included no sound in space, that's realistic. But also a very sloppy way out.

lul i think shattered horizon looks boring and unimaginative, they preach about it as if its something new and amazing and genre breaking, but in all its just quake in space with 3d movement, and its not even the first game with 3d movement. I take it there's not a 1 shot 1 kill scenario(which is realistic, as the rapid decompression your suit would have if a bullet penetrates it would certainly render you unable to fight on), as this would make all the CSS kids cry in agony :p

I think you're missing the point here.. £13
This looks great for a studios first release and most importantly looks fun and that what games are about.
Also its blatantly some time in the future so is it really that hard to imagine that the space suits would be more armoured explaining why its not 1 hit kill :p

Although anything that makes CSS kids cry always wins my vote :rofl:

EDIT: Also what other fps game has full 3d movement?

Anybody who's played Crysis and Fallout1 and liked them as much as I did, will see that this will be awesome:

http://www.crymod.com/moddbmods.php?id=673

I expect lots of people to just give up life for a few weeks when it's completed and released, and play the mod instead.

I mean, Fallout 1 story and RPG system plus Crysis engine and physics = teh awesum!!!

Anybody who's played Crysis and Fallout1 and liked them as much as I did, will see that this will be awesome:

http://www.crymod.com/moddbmods.php?id=673

I expect lots of people to just give up life for a few weeks when it's completed and released, and play the mod instead.

I mean, Fallout 1 story and RPG system plus Crysis engine and physics = teh awesum!!!

I love both, but i dunno if cryengine is the best for fallout :lol: I mean, Fallout isnt really the most jungle-filled environment :p

Still would be fun, but the statement; "We hope to release this mod before the bombs fall." doesn't seem very optimistic :lol:

Well, I should be fine with waiting. When was it that the Co8 mod for Temple of elemental evil began development? 2004? 2003? Heck, I don't even remember :lol:

But well, it's a TC so the guys obviously have a lot of work to do. As long as it's nothing like FOBOS, it should be lots of fun.

Dragon Age Origins FFS!
I mean, it's made by BioWare and they announce it as some kind of sequel to Baldur's FUCKING Gate!

Dragon Age Origins FFS!
I mean, it's made by BioWare and they announce it as some kind of sequel to Baldur's FUCKING Gate!

No dude that game is gonna blow.

Have you seen the marketing for it? They're clearly trying to make it appeal to the MMO crowd.

Also, Bioware lost lots of its credibility for me since BG2 by making NWN and Mass Effect. That's what I'd call regress, not progress.

They'll fuck it up man, I'm telling ya.

Also, BG has nothing on games like Planescape, Arcanum or TOEE.