The Game Thread

1257360196831.jpg

Lol, what did you play growing up, Pink Ponyland? :lol:

I grew up on trve old-school games such as Super Mario World, Breath Of Fire, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda ALTTP, etc. That was some real gaming.
Now it's about pwning people, having the biggest guns, being a douche, etc. :erk:

I grew up on trve old-school games such as Super Mario World, Breath Of Fire, Donkey Kong Country, Zelda ALTTP, etc. That was some real gaming.

Bof? Zelda? JRPGs?

WEAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOO :loco:

Plus, those aren't "trve old-school games". True old school games are, like, Dave, Civ2, Quake I, Diablo, Fallout, etc.

What is your point? I got them from playing the game, over time.

The idea itself is ghey. Ppl boasting xbawks achievements make me feel sorry for them, too.

Congrats, Ensi. You just succeeded in soliciting some gay sex on the Internetz.

Bof? Zelda? JRPGs?

WEAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOO :loco:

Plus, those aren't "trve old-school games". True old school games are, like, Dave, Civ2, Quake I, Diablo, Fallout, etc.

The idea itself is ghey. Ppl boasting xbawks achievements make me feel sorry for them, too.

Were you even born when those games came out?

And I'm not playing on xbawks, sorry.

Nice! We should play together sometime, or make a video, I wanna make a video.

It might be hard if you live in Norway because I'm in North America. The ping will be terrible. =/

Nope, you're just mad you don't have them.

For me achievments.. well.. they aren't usefull in any way. But it's a good way for new players to earn new weapons in TF2.

How can you have played HF and NOT played CS? That's strange.

csssss.jpg

A while back I played it like a raptor riding a penis, but got bored of it.

EDIT: And I played CS:S because 1.6 sucks bawls. If you play it it's only because it's old, trve and hardcore.

Congrats, Ensi. You just succeeded in soliciting some gay sex on the Internetz.

lolwut

I grew up with

Frontier Elite II (space game with newtonian physics, fucking win, fucking hard)
Frontier.png

Sid Meiers Colonization
colon1.gif

Wing Commander
The-cockpit-view-from-Wing-Commander-released-in-1990,V-0-94428-13.jpg

The Settlers
settlers4.PNG

Turrican II
t2_1.gif

I could go on, but im afraid the amount of badass games will scare the supple mario cart minds of this threads posters into hiding

:p..

Were you even born when those games came out?

Umm, yeah? Dave2 was my favourite game when I was 7 or so.

And I'm not playing on xbawks, sorry.

Only XBAWKS games have achievements. Achievement whores are a side-product of gaming on XBAWKS. Well, some shitty PC ports have those too, I guess.

EDIT: And I played CS:S because 1.6 sucks bawls. If you play it it's only because it's old, trve and hardcore.

Nah, I play 1.5 and 1.6 cause those were the only ones around when I was really into them (middle school); I don't really care enough to readjust to the newer games.

Also, I don't need xbawks achievements to prove my dick is bigger on teh Interwebz. And that's what most ppl use them for.

@Muffin: some cool games there. Haven't played any of those except some Settlers. I recall playing a game similar to Wing Commander, it was some sort of weird but fun Multiplayer Deathmatch spaceship game.

But srsly, best shooter evah:

ddave.png

Too bad TF2 was made for the PC first, and achievements unlock USEFUL stuff in-game. :cool:

my 1st gaem ever:
alleycat.gif

take that!

^What he said, and..

The PC version of TF2 has achievments, and it gets tons of updates, while the Xbawks gets.. well..

None.

Also you don't recieve "gamerscore" or anything like that.