The Game Thread

^ Holy crap, didn't know that. That achievement shit is contagious. Gotta BURN IT WITH FAIA!!

Well, some games do have decently implemented achiev's. But most of the time it's something stupid like" Kill yourself 100 times by jumping off a tall building".

my 1st gaem ever:
alleycat.gif

take that!

Hmm, dunno that one. My first was DDave 2, maybe that somewhat explains my twisted nature. Also, oddly enough, I played that before I even got an NES. I think I was 3 or something.

I think achievements are cool, but only in TF2 since they do something.
I couldnt care less about xbox points.

But most of the time it's something stupid like" Kill yourself 100 times by jumping off a tall building".

Yes, achievments are like that, but TF2 makes them awesome.

Eat 100 sandviches

kk.jpg

Extinguish a teammate with a jar of piss

jar.jpg

Stab someone when you are covered in piss

asdad.jpg

Kill someone with a Hadouken

had.jpg

Looks like the usual silly cheesy achiev's. Well, as long as they actually DO something for you other than being "shiny", I guess that's acceptable.

Well, I don't see the point of achiev's if they don't contribute to the gaming experience.

Well, I don't see the point of achiev's if they don't contribute to the gaming experience.

Then I supposed real life medals, trophies and such is bullshit since they don't contribute to the life experience?

Yes you may say OMGH GAEMS R NOT REEL LYFE, but it's the exact same concept.

you know what

fuck this

you are african

I get the feeling that "Cryz_Aus" forgot a long time ago that the entire purpose of games are to be "fun"... Probably happened about the same time he decided that eccentric Japanese culture is cool.

Omfg, Shattered Horizon is fucking so awesome its untrue. Its pretty damn hard but so fucking leet. Its only in beta aswell so the full game is going to be incredible. :worship:

Omfg, Shattered Horizon is fucking so awesome its untrue. Its pretty damn hard but so fucking leet. Its only in beta aswell so the full game is going to be incredible. :worship:

Holy shit. I'd never heard of that so I just had a look at the website, it looks fucking awesome.

Fine, I took what it recommended then stuck textures and shadows on full. I haven't turned up the "oscilliation" or whatever the fuck it was called but I don't afraid so I'll try cranking it next time.

need advice on flight emulator games, something more modern, but where i can blow shit up

I get the feeling that "Cryz_Aus" forgot a long time ago that the entire purpose of games are to be "fun"... Probably happened about the same time he decided that eccentric Japanese culture is cool.

Quite the opposite. I like fun. See TheKid's post for a reason WHY I think lots of "popular" games these days ruin the "fun".

There's also different types of fun. There's the retarded people's "fun" as described in movies like "Old School", and then there's the "fun" of reading Dostoyevskiy. Both are fun in their own way for different people, and if you perhaps universally favour the former over the latter, I feel very sorry for you.

in battlefield 1942 you can fly upside down and drop a bomb on yourself

LOL. That requires some serious skillz :lol:

GAEMS R SRS BSNS AND ACHIEVMENTS RUIN THE FUN OF EVERY GAME WITH AN ACHIEVMENT IN IT

Despite the fact that you suck penises,

We should make a song together.

You miss the point.

The whole idea of achievements is what turns games into "srs bzns". Look at the score whores.

Do you have a tab?