The Game Thread

I'm not the most tech savvy person, but maybe the CPU socket isn't compatible with your mobo?

Well, if that's the case I don't think you can even boot up your computer.

Someone please point out why I suck at computers.

im only asking here cause my tech savvy friend who built this motherfucker is in class. I dont know what mobo I have so I can update its drivers :(

Edit: And how is DragonAge, anyone? (comparable to Oblivion, or Dark Messiah: Might and Magic)
I'm totally doing rogue, as I do in everyfuckinggame. Debating Assassin or Ranger, totally going forest elf dude though (maybe human if im going assassin). Are all special abilities based on mana, and having a bit of mana good for Rogue?

Whats this turn based stuff too? Is it like Fallout where you can "plan your attacks" (auto-aim), but still normally action? My friend said it was just like, pausing the game to give your NPC team orders. This sounds cool.

I literally just heard of this game 3 days ago, and didnt look anything up. My Roommate bought it, his comp fried, so I gots a copy.

Dragon Age problem still up, but the same shit happens when i tried to run GTA IV. I'm going to jump to the conclusion now, it has something to do with this dual core my freind slapped in there the other day (literally just for the fun of it).
Its AMD 64 X2 Dual, or something...2.3ghz im pretty sure (my friend isn't responding). That halp? Tech support forum didn't show anything and I'm guessing my friend slapped this cpu in wrong.

it might well be the CPU, a friend of mine has a AMD x2 dual core as well, and he has trouble playing games like GTA4, they crash like a mofo and accidents the whole thing all the time.

Firearms error? Where can you NOT find a firearms error in a game? (Arma or any of the shit you play doesn't apply)

FUCK YEAH DELTA FORCE

I also used to play that over lan way back :)

Well rarely are there no errors, but usually they are forgivable ones, but not when you have DEAGLE BRAND DEAGLE as the best pistol in the game and the most accurate one as well, turns me into rage just thinking of it :lol:

And delta force was win!

I'm not the most tech savvy person, but maybe the CPU socket isn't compatible with your mobo?

Well, if that's the case I don't think you can even boot up your computer.

Someone please point out why I suck at computers.
The CPU socket is compatible with the mobo, i guarantee it. If not he wouldnt be able to fit it in the socket, and even if the dolt who installed it MANAGED to literally hammer the cpu in place, you wouldnt get much other than a shortage and a massive beep from the motherboard when trying to boot, so indeed, wouldnt be able to boot :lol:

I cant say i know any other thing to try than to try swapping cpu again, if the problem started after that then its usually a safe bet that its the cpu.

PC gaming is superior.

Chipped one as in, downloading pirated xbawks games, burning and playing? I don't think online works with that. And I feel that the online experience is the only reason to get an xbox over a PC.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I'm not sure about getting a chipped Xbox. A new one isn't that expensive (£150 or so) but money's a bit tight right now and all my job applications keep getting rejected :lol:

FUCK YEAH

Tho I fucking hate W+M1 pyros and huntsman snipers ;__;

W+M1 pyros are so fucking easy to kill, counter them with S+M1!
Huntsman snipers would be alright IF THEY DIDNT HAVE THOSE FUCKING HUGE HITBOXES. Don't ever try to melee one of them, they will just HS you even if they shoot at your feet.

W+M1 pyros are so fucking easy to kill, counter them with S+M1!
Huntsman snipers would be alright IF THEY DIDNT HAVE THOSE FUCKING HUGE HITBOXES. Don't ever try to melee one of them, they will just HS you even if they shoot at your feet.

Yeah, they're an easy kill AND fucking hilarious :lol: Just backpedalling and watching them spray flames for hours :lol:

Yes, I fucking hate that. Just played a match, ran up to a corner and..

WHADDAYAKNOW

A FUCKING ARROW IN MY HEAD

They just peek around corners and spam arrows. Noobs >8(

Yeah its fucking ace. Tbf I am probs going to play through it again as the enemies are alot harder on the next playthrough. Plus theres over a BAZILLION guns I still need (want).

THEN I SHALL BUY IT

FUUUUU
this means I have to somehow find a way to obtain ACII, Bordlerlands and Brutal Legend

What the hell is this reintroduction of the word "leet"? That word died years ago.

it might well be the CPU, a friend of mine has a AMD x2 dual core as well, and he has trouble playing games like GTA4, they crash like a mofo and accidents the whole thing all the time.

The CPU socket is compatible with the mobo, i guarantee it. If not he wouldnt be able to fit it in the socket, and even if the dolt who installed it MANAGED to literally hammer the cpu in place, you wouldnt get much other than a shortage and a massive beep from the motherboard when trying to boot, so indeed, wouldnt be able to boot :lol:

I cant say i know any other thing to try than to try swapping cpu again, if the problem started after that then its usually a safe bet that its the cpu.

Issue is, it doesnt play them at all. When loading they give me the BSoD, and restart.
Story with my CPU; My friend's computer was fucked, he thought it was the mobo. Took PC to a repair shop, who said they took the Mobo to Asus, who didn't find a problem (and charged my friend $25). My friend then insisted it was the CPU/Power Supply. He swapped CPU and Power Supply with me, and found, it was infact his mobo that was broken (and is still $25 out).

So right now I have his Power Supply and CPU. He told me I can keep the CPU, since he has a new one new anyway, thinking his CPU was fucked. I'm starting to think, maybe the CPU was fucked after all, but I can still play Oblivion (havnt tried fallout, as I want to download Fallout Overhaul Kit, but my internet here wont go over rucking 60kb/s, even in fucking rapidshare).

Dragon Age looks sweet, too :(

Edit: And how is DragonAge, anyone? (comparable to Oblivion, or Dark Messiah: Might and Magic)
I'm totally doing rogue, as I do in everyfuckinggame. Debating Assassin or Ranger, totally going forest elf dude though (maybe human if im going assassin). Are all special abilities based on mana, and having a bit of mana good for Rogue?

Whats this turn based stuff too? Is it like Fallout where you can "plan your attacks" (auto-aim), but still normally action? My friend said it was just like, pausing the game to give your NPC team orders. This sounds cool.

Ever play/heard of Neverwinter Nights or Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic? It's more or less like that. Does not compare that much with Oblivion on DMM&M, since it's a different genre - not first-person, totally different battle system, less free roam; it's also team-based. The combat system is a compromise between an intricate classic D&D-like ruleset and combat and crappy MMO skill trees :lol:

It's not turn-based at all, unlike Fallout (I hope you meant the Fallout and not the crappy recent Oblivion mod by Bethesda), it's Real Time with Pause - a pretty annoying hybrid system, but with its own advantages and disadvantages. You basically have to pause the game every two seconds in a hard fight to make sure everyone's doing what they need to, but you can breeze through easier ones (works pretty much like every game Bioware has made in the last 10 years).

I would not recommend starting with a rogue, since you'll have your ass handed to you on a regular basis. Rogues can do some cool stuff, but are low on HP and overall kinda useless except opening locks. Unless you go for a ranger, with tanks covering him up at all times, I'd rather pick warrior or mage.

In general, there's a lengthy "introduction" - basically tutorial - that gives you a chance to test your character in real battle (although somewhat easier than the stuff later on), and if you don't like it, you can always make a different one.

Ok I'm pretty sure that Modern Warfare 2 is the troll of the year, Infinity Ward(the devs) has to be trolls from /k/ and /v/ on 4chan because this is just too 100% opposite of military behaviour/myths/superstition and firearms knowledge to be just a bunch of mistakes :lol: I think i need to get this game :p

Ok I'm pretty sure that Modern Warfare 2 is the troll of the year, Infinity Ward(the devs) has to be trolls from /k/ and /v/ on 4chan because this is just too 100% opposite of military behaviour/myths/superstition and firearms knowledge to be just a bunch of mistakes :lol: I think i need to get this game :p

THEY HAD PEOPLE FROM TEH ARMEH TO SAY HOW IT WAS GONNA BE DONE

Sadly, IW was dicks, and sold out, not having this realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
FUCK INFINITY WARD

I don't think I've actually seen a backlash like this in video game history :D

Some reader reviews:

{{{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Positives:
* Custom features like mouse and keyboard.

Negatives:
* No dedicated servers.
* No mod support.
* Max multiplayer 9v9.
* No lean.
* $60 price tag for a PC game.
* Runs on IW.net P2P network.
* No developer console (For commands, etc).
* No match recording.
* Complete and utter disrespect to the PC gamer community.

Summary:
"The game is not balanced for lean." - Infinity Ward
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
This game is like taking a new car and smashing it with a sledgehammer, it takes an awesome franchise and sends it backwards.

A failure on every feature, multiplayer is limited to a 9v9 lagfest controlled by IW themselves and hosted on your computer, no mods, no competitive matches, just LAG.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
This game is a joke. 12 people online and no dedicated servers and a $60 price tag. Is Infinity Ward serious or is this a joke? Who knows but they will not be taking my money.

A slap in the face to PC gamers. Don't give them your money. Check out other games.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* }}}

in b4 crying xbox fags

Yay finally. I was hoping for sth like this. I love drama in the gaming world, and it's been too long since the last one (Fallout 3). :lol:

What the fuck. No lean? I see.

Well now its pretty clear. Modern Warfare 2 is the prequel to Modern Warfare 3, also known as counter strike source

FUCK INFINITY WARD

I don't think I've actually seen a backlash like this in video game history :D

Some reader reviews:

{{{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Positives:
* Custom features like mouse and keyboard.

Negatives:
* No dedicated servers.
* No mod support.
* Max multiplayer 9v9.
* No lean.
* $60 price tag for a PC game.
* Runs on IW.net P2P network.
* No developer console (For commands, etc).
* No match recording.
* Complete and utter disrespect to the PC gamer community.

Summary:
"The game is not balanced for lean." - Infinity Ward
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
This game is like taking a new car and smashing it with a sledgehammer, it takes an awesome franchise and sends it backwards.

A failure on every feature, multiplayer is limited to a 9v9 lagfest controlled by IW themselves and hosted on your computer, no mods, no competitive matches, just LAG.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
This game is a joke. 12 people online and no dedicated servers and a $60 price tag. Is Infinity Ward serious or is this a joke? Who knows but they will not be taking my money.

A slap in the face to PC gamers. Don't give them your money. Check out other games.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* }}}

in b4 crying xbox fags

even though the people I know play it on ps3, I can now lord it over them that IW is a shitty developer

any of them who tells me that PC gaming doesn't matter will get urinated on in their sleep