The Game Thread

Unlucky brah, I tell you what game is awesome. Postal 2. What other fps game can you hit a gimp with a shovel and urinate on Gary Coleman?

Or piss off Osama Bin Laden, find talebans at your local grocery store or get attacked by PTA :lol:

Seriously, the game is so epic! :lol:

@Postal 3: Could also be that on the PC version you can switch all that shiz and that in the console versions you got the option for auto-aim and that would look a bit fucked up in FPS. I have no idea, I hope they include both perspectives!

Actually...that made no sense :(

aside from all the complaints I've read about modern warfare 2 on here, I don't think any of that is drastic. It's just a lot of fun in general. I just say give it a try before you bash it, and don't go into it with a pessimistic attitude, but even if you do, you won't find it bad I wouldn't think.

I agree with Eddy, the Modern Warfare multiplayer is really fun, and same with 2 :)

"Fun" can be a bucket of fish heads for some people(though they also tend to have an extra chromosome), and its not for me.

I have played Modern Warfare, not the Single player, i have to admit, but the MP. And i honestly didnt like it for the same reasons i dont like CSS; I'm sick of spastic shooters running around gunning everything down as fast as possible, jumping around like i'm pumped full of PCP dual wielding laughable weaponry. It's been done and overdone before and i find it outright boring.

I'm downloading MW2 atm as i don't intend to spend a single penny on it, but i'm going to try it.

less than 1% of AK models today are AK-47, the rest are AKM and its variations, AK-74

I seem to have selective sight since this just popped in my eye.. Yea, I've used one and the AK-47 is just a silly stereotype synonym to assault rifle these days.

I seem to have selective sight since this just popped in my eye.. Yea, I've used one and the AK-47 is just a silly stereotype synonym to assault rifle these days.

Indeed. I've actually never used an assault rifle myself, only a battle rifle(H&K AG3, norwegian variation of the G3A3). Battle rifles are more badass though

Indeed. I've actually never used an assault rifle myself, only a battle rifle(H&K AG3, norwegian variation of the G3A3). Battle rifles are more badass though

Hmm yeah. I also got to use this Remington rifle in military police that's really for breaking door locks when going in buildings. :) The nicest part was putting it to pieces and back together. I could still operate the AK this way eyes closed. I'm not a gun-enthusiast.. but I absolutely think precision rifle is the piece to have, it's good both in short and long distance melee.

Definitely, the AG3 is a really long rifle, its long enough in its original(G3A3) state, but its slightly lengthened in the Norwegian version, to accomodate the needs of the in general taller average height of this country. With the flash hiders we used the weapon was aproximately 110cm long, so with bayonets fixed on it, it was a really long weapon. Only thing i wished was that the buttstock shouldve been harder, it was made of really hard durable plastic, but i'd still prefer it if it was made of a slightly more solid material. Norway has gone over to using Assault rifles now though(HK416), same buttstock problem imho.

Btw, you mean a Remington shotgun right? As a rifle bullet would probably just deflect and cause ricochet damage to you or those around you lol. Reason im being nitpicky about the usage of the word rifle there, is because a shotgun is smoothbore, i.e no rifling :p

If i had to choose an assault rifle myself to start out with, it's got to be the HK416 though, the AK is all fine and dandy, accurate in the hands of someone who knows how to use it, but i dont like the ballistics readings of the ammunition, 7.62x39 is a very heavy and slow round so it drops off very fast, for intermediate(assault) cartridge sizes i think i'd go for 5.56x45mm

Definitely, the AG3 is a really long rifle, its long enough in its original(G3A3) state, but its slightly lengthened in the Norwegian version, to accomodate the needs of the in general taller average height of this country. With the flash hiders we used the weapon was aproximately 110cm long, so with bayonets fixed on it, it was a really long weapon. Only thing i wished was that the buttstock shouldve been harder, it was made of really hard durable plastic, but i'd still prefer it if it was made of a slightly more solid material. Norway has gone over to using Assault rifles now though(HK416), same buttstock problem imho.

Btw, you mean a Remington shotgun right? As a rifle bullet would probably just deflect and cause ricochet damage to you or those around you lol. Reason im being nitpicky about the usage of the word rifle there, is because a shotgun is smoothbore, i.e no rifling :p

If i had to choose an assault rifle myself to start out with, it's got to be the HK416 though, the AK is all fine and dandy, accurate in the hands of someone who knows how to use it, but i dont like the ballistics readings of the ammunition, 7.62x39 is a very heavy and slow round so it drops off very fast, for intermediate(assault) cartridge sizes i think i'd go for 5.56x45mm

Yea I meant shotgun, it comes with standard and explosive hauls. I don't even understand all the in-depth there but I'd just say when using an assault rifle in action in situations where someone can just surprise from behind a corner and there's no time for aiming, you support it onto your abs and just lift up and pull when going in narrow passageways indoors for example. So the whole aiming possibility doesn't count. Precision rifle serves just as fine like this (as it's handy and you can shoot multiple times not needing to reload like in snipers) and it's possible to snipe people down as well, better than with an AK. So it's like a hybrid between assault and sniper rifle or something.

Yea I meant shotgun, it comes with standard and explosive hauls. I don't even understand all the in-depth there but I'd just say when using an assault rifle in action in situations where someone can just surprise from behind a corner and there's no time for aiming, you support it onto your abs and just lift up and pull when going in narrow passageways indoors for example. So the whole aiming possibility doesn't count. Precision rifle serves just as fine like this (as it's handy and you can shoot multiple times not needing to reload like in snipers) and it's possible to snipe people down as well, better than with an AK. So it's like a hybrid between assault and sniper rifle or something.

It's usually a tradeoff, as the longer barrel you have on the weapon, the more range and accuracy you get. Usually at the expense of movement, as you might imagine, using a 1 meter+ weapon in CQC is cumbersome at best, which is why the development of carbines(short barrel assault rifles) have come so far. It's hard to properly load out a soldier with a kit that will give him both range and CQC superiority, but this is what we have squads/teams for, different weapons for different roles.

The AK is a good weapon though, not the most versatile in terms of accessories, but it works no matter what.
I've heard stories from back in vietnam, when soldiers found old AKM's lying around rusting in the mud of the jungle, literally kicked the bolt back and loaded a round into the chamber, kicking it back into place. Fired flawlessly, even after what most likely was over a year of rotting in the mud.

This thread is now about weapons.

zapper.jpg

Let's get back to the topic. I'm interested in guns and all that, but frank can make a separate thread for that:)

Just bought Crysis: Warhead, downloading naow.

It's on sale for you steam faggots.