The Game Thread

Still better than FO3 though

1258124753630.jpg

Hurr durr derp

Fo3 with Fallout Overhaul Kit, or whatever it was calleda again, is actually quite fun. They basically just add way more weapons and armor to the game, and change around a lot of the damage stuff. More mods for taking away vats, and other shit people dislike as well. I had it running a few months ago, but installed it wrong and the textures on anything new were all fucked up. But instead of just "Hunting Rifle" you'll find Winchester with or without scope, or tons of new assault rifles, high cal snipers, pistols, sub machine guns, ect.

Even on its own it was still lots of fun. I'd mainly just get really high, put on atmospheric black metal or something, and explore tunnels shooting feral ghouls with my hunting rifle. The exploding heads was very satisfying. V.A.T.S. is pretty dumb though, I'll agree. There is another mod that changes it into straight bullet-time though, never got that one.

Big problem with Bethesda (with Oblivion and Fo3 at least) is also one of the best things about their games. So easy to Mod. Not that I would ever do it, too lazy to learn, but there are really nice ones out there. Only issue is, they get away with releasing shitty games and letting the gaming community clean up after them. Ah well, I really want to play Fallout3 but fucking computer...is still fucked. Just going to get old Processor back into this thing until I get some new ram, and make the jump to Windows 7.

Post 2007?

I liked The Witcher. The combat was a bit clunky, but I pretty much played the hell out of that game. The free extra modules were fun too.

The first Crysis was the best shooter I've played in a while.

I liked Last Remnant, despite the horrible story and the cheesy dialogues (and all the other crap that comes with a JRPG recently). The combat system was a lot of fun, and looked awesome.

I loved the hell out of Seinarukana (聖なるかな - 永遠のアセリア2) - again, a pretty cheesy story given it's a JRPG, but an awesome combat system and beautiful artwork.

The STALKER games are teh awesum.

The new King's Bounty games are great. Still waiting for a DRM-free American version for the second installment, though.

Sublustrum aka Outcry is the best adventure game I've seen in a while. If you want an acid trip, you have one.

Just cause I don't own an XBAWKS or think CoD is the best thing since sex, it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate any new games. The games have to deserve it though :p

@Cliff: FO3 had it's fun moments. The worst thing I couldn't get over is how buggy that PoS was; it was comparable to STALKER: Glitchy Sky in the # of gfx bugs and CTD per second rate. And they don't even bother to fix it up, instead churning out crappy DLCs that are completely broken on release. The asploding heads would be fine if they weren't so stupid - a clean decapitation with a bullet is something else.

Only issue is, they get away with releasing shitty games and letting the gaming community clean up after them.

Couldn't have said it better. Especially since, one can't/shouldn't judge the game quality by the mods released for it.

Oh please. Stop with the "ooh I'm so alternative" bullshit already.

Don't be a dick. I like the games I like, and I couldn't care less if you think I'm not "mainstream enough" for your pants. Now kindly fuck off.

rolf
That's not how it works. Even if you haxx0rz'd mine, you'd still have to pay to re-download the Legendary and Mythic packs. I'm assuming you already have Heroic and Cold Storage, seeing as they're free.

gay... they changed it then, because you used to be able to use someones account, go to DL history, and then from there download them again... When did this happen?

God, Crysis was bad. The campaigne was okay, but the multiplayer... worse piece of shit ever. Graphics of course were awesome, but a lack of good gameplay kills it after 2 weeks.

Also, MW2 is a big fuck you to PC gamers. I honestly took it as an insult. Been playing COD4 in leagues alot, and now, no dedicated servers, no support for mods, what the fuck? IW just killed the pro community. Of course "casual" gamers will enjoy it, but seriously, that's the most horrible decision I've ever seen. Rank-based games is seriously a horrible concept. If you're bad, play with the pros you'll get good. End of story.

For left for dead.. I hate it for the simple reason that I don't like zombie games, and especially for this : the weapons are a fucking joke. But that's just my opinion, let the flaming begin.

I just played through the campaign. Used 6 hours on it, so fairly short, I enjoyed the whole thing.

Lots of surprises and awesome stuff you can do that isn't just SHOOTAN SPRAYNPRAY.

So the single player is great. Can't play multi tho >_>