The Game Thread

Nothing too special really. I'm on the last few hundred £'s of my maintenance loan so I couldn't go crazy with the specs :p

AMD Phenom(TM) II X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core
2 x NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB
2GB RAM (it's cheaper if I buy the RAM from somewhere else)
On-board sound card and a decent motherboard

I'll be upgrading it when I have more money..another good thing about PC's :p That'll be a while though, I keep getting rejection letters from every job I apply too :lol:

Eh man, you shouldn't have to upgrade your PC for a while imo. Most games nowadays simply aren't taxing besides a very small few. Just get an extra 2gb RAM. I'm only running an Intel E8400 Dual-Core, 4GB RAM and 1 9800GT 512MB and it's still running 90% of stuff at max settings, and your specs are better. Batman Arkham Asylum and Dragon Age run smooth as silk and look awesome. Heck I'm gonna stick with the Dual Core for another year me thinks and just upgrade the graphics card to a 5870 soon because it seems like not many games are taking advantage of Quads still.

I was kinda scared if Dragon Age would run on my PC, because they recommended a Quad Core. But still runs smooth as maxed out.

And holy shit is the game awesome btw, best RPG I've played in ages. Bioware are the kings of RPG's.

Nice specs! I want a SLI/Crossfire setup :(

And deaddreams, good luck finding a reasonably priced 5850/5870 in stock.

And about the upgrade thingy, it doesn't matter. His upgrade is future proofing him for some years. Getting newly released hardware will smoke you wallet because they're always overpriced at the date of release.

I have a AMD Phenom II 3ghz quad, GTX 275 and 4gb of ram, and Arkham Asylum is a bit choppy, dunno wtf is up with that.

XBAWKS

My brother moved in and got xbox live, I don't know what his gamertag is, but I can use it :D.
So send me yours, he has CoD4 and WoW, Some Rockband Heros, GTA IV, and some other shit.

XBAWKS

My brother moved in and got xbox live, I don't know what his gamertag is, but I can use it :D.
So send me yours, he has CoD4 and WoW, Some Rockband Heros, GTA IV, and some other shit.

chops027

Blame my sister fucking shit up while I went to the toilet.
Don't have any of those games though.

chops027

Blame my sister fucking shit up while I went to the toilet.
Don't have any of those games though.

>Replies to someone asking if anyone else have xbox live and want to play those games with him
>Reply, but don't have any of those games

1236714880060.jpg

I was/am kinda dissapointed about L4D2, whereas Modern Warfare 2 = :OMG:

And that comes from one hardcore L4D1 gamer, still play that one but L4D2 feels like a ripoff.

Just buy an HD4890, I run most games completely maxed, it's one HELL of a card for the money, beats the GTX260 and in performance almost same as an GTX275, and you only pay like €175,-

Got an E6750 @ 2,667 Ghz, 4GB 667Mhz RAM and I went from 8600GT to HD4890 and damn am I happy! :Smokin:

And that comes from one hardcore L4D1 gamer, still play that one but L4D2 feels like a ripoff.

True.

Just buy an HD4890, I run most games completely maxed, it's one HELL of a card for the money, beats the GTX260 and in performance almost same as an GTX275, and you only pay like €175,-

Got an E6750 @ 2,667 Ghz, 4GB 667Mhz RAM and I went from 8600GT to HD4890 and damn am I happy! :Smokin:

Dude the 4890 is kinda the ATI equivalent to the GTX 275. Only 275 being a bit better.

I have the 275 and it's awesome, because I couldn't find any 5850's in stock, anywhere.

667mhz ram? Maybe you need to upgrade that in your next purchase.

edit: I think i'll get the HD 5970 when the prices comes down to a reasonable price.

True.

Dude the 4890 is kinda the ATI equivalent to the GTX 275. Only 275 being a bit better.

I have the 275 and it's awesome, because I couldn't find any 5850's in stock, anywhere.

667mhz ram? Maybe you need to upgrade that in your next purchase.

Yeah indeed, my local pc store fucked me over when I look back at it I could've buy a lot of better components for the same money..

Next pc will be an iMac 27" with an i7 (2,8Ghz), 8GB of RAM, HD4850 (the best card avaible in it but it isn't bad because the i7 and the ram will make it unnoticable, better for gaming then what I have now)..
Can't wait but probably not earlier then late next year or even 2011.. When a new one has come out already ^^

Well, you can run every windows game on macs, and install windows so you can choose which OS on startup you want..

And you get an Core i7 860 (2,8GHZ), 8GB 1066Mhz RAM, HD4850, 1TB HD and an 27" screen with 2560x1920 resolution with led backlight screen for the same price as an iMac, you'll get my gold star! And I'm not even counting the price of Windows 7 with it..