The Game Thread

What game in the genre would you say is better? Or have you played enough of Oblivion to even say?

There's a plenty of good action-RPGs around, Divinity series for example. Or Gothic. Or Witcher. The problem with Oblivion is the horrible character progression system, stupid level-scaling and that the writing was done by monkeys. Altogether that makes me want to quit the game a couple hours in cause it's just too boring and repetitive. Same happened to FO3.

If you just mean "sandbox RPG" then I agree w/ Leandro that the entire genre sucks. Exploration is a nice extra thing to do in a game, but choice and consequence is first order of importance for me in RPG, and as you admit yourself, Oblivion doesn't do it very well.

"Immersible" in oblivion's case seems to be a code word for "empty shell character without personality of any kind". It's a bit like twilight if you think about it, except more explicit.

For fuck's sake, it's "immersive" not "immersible" if you wanna use Bethesda's catch-phrase. "Immersible" means capable of being immersed. Makes no fucking sense when applied to games. Agreed on the "genre sucks" point though, if you meant that as applied to Bethesda's trademark "sandbox RPG" and not aRPG in general.

By the way, has anyone played Dead Space, Devil May Cry 4 or Brutal Legend?

DMC4 is great, played the shit out of that game. Blood Palace got a lot better compared to DMC3, too.

My brother bought the game few weeks ago. I haven't played it yet but if it is as good as people say, I'm gonna love it like I Fallout 3.

If you loved everything about FO3 then you'll probably like FONV less. It's more of a throwback to the classics, more story-driven and more about quests than random exploration and killing random stuff.

the "immersible rpg" bit is a bit of an abuse of terminology.

You are immersing yourself into the game world, making your own decisions based on your own character that you created. I don't see your point at all, or why you would need a pre-made character with a personality to do this.

Oblivion is sexy.

Anyone here remember Zone of the Enders for PS2? I found it the other day at a flea market and I've been thoroughly entertained by it :) Pretty fun mech-fighting nonsense for its time.

Best multiplayer game evveeerr

31_micromachines.jpg

So...ah...any of you guys played the new Donkey Kong 2 game on the Wii? That shit is pretty awesome and really fucking hard. Never thought a DK game would piss me off as much as it did.

Anyone here remember Zone of the Enders for PS2? I found it the other day at a flea market and I've been thoroughly entertained by it :) Pretty fun mech-fighting nonsense for its time.
I've had the game for something like five years and I finally decided to finish it last summer. It was one of the best PS2 games I've ever played. Fighting system was really simple, but still really cool and of course the plot and characters were really nice for a mech-action game, but I couldn't expect any less from Hideo Kojima. I would really want to get my hands on the sequel.

And back to Korea. http://kotaku.com/5736810/this-is-how-south-korean-children-battle-game-addiction

Is seriously no one upset that Half Life 2: Ep2, finnished like 3 years ago, on an incredibly epic cliffhanger, and they said Ep3 would be out soon after?

There has been no uproar over this at all. One of the best selling game franchises of all time, arguably the best action-fps series there is, and they just stopped making it?

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS UPSET OVER THIS!?!?

I would to propose a Valve-wide boycott on all products until this game is complete.

Is seriously no one upset that Half Life 2: Ep2, finnished like 3 years ago, on an incredibly epic cliffhanger, and they said Ep3 would be out soon after?

There has been no uproar over this at all. One of the best selling game franchises of all time, arguably the best action-fps series there is, and they just stopped making it?

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS UPSET OVER THIS!?!?

I would to propose a Valve-wide boycott on all products until this game is complete.

No uproar? People spam the shit out of them erry single day about it, but valve are notoriously not caring about what people say, have always been.