The Game Thread

It being Bethesda, wouldn't it be the PC version that's castrated?

No...seeing as they have the same/similar bugs in both versions (major ones at least), and both versions come with epic amounts of patching necessary.

Lol do you read the stuff you say? Its like all your information and opinions are coming from the assumptions of a weird kid who doesn't leave his house, or have any friends...

Wouldn't it be cool if they developed some small form of Co-op in Skyrim? I've been hoping they would announce something like that for awhile, but I don't see it happening :/

I guess I'll just to have to wait for Hunted and Brink. I'm getting progressively more excited for Brink everytime I see it. It looks like TF2 mixed with Mirrors Edge. I'm not sure if any of you guys have seen anything of it yet, but if not you should have a look :)

Anyone play Dragon Age II yet?
A lot of people are complaining about the changed game mechanics, but I still think it's ok.
It's better suited for consoles though, imo.

I downloaded the demo for it but have yet to play it lol.

I did recently get MvC3 and Borderlands Game of the Year.

Both are really good. I love the weapon and skill system in Borderlands. It reminds me of Diablo a little with the randomly generated weapons. I think the total amount of guns in the game is supposed to be over 1,000,000 or so? The game also has a quirky, odd, sense of humor and has a lot of reference to other video games.

I didn't plan on buying MvC3 because I was annoyed that they cut down the characters from 56 or so to like 30 something, and the reason behind it is to release the other ones as DLC, which is fucking ridiculous imo. They also managed to take one of my favorite characters, Jill Valentine and give her the most obnoxious costume in the world, aka the one from RE5 :/ It annoys the shit out of me, I miss Jill from RE1 and RE3. Aside from those complaints though, the game play is pretty solid, and the characters that are there are all pretty cool. I fucking love Deadpool and his moonwalk and shoryuken :lol: The new air assist system is pretty cool, but if you're not good at doing it you're pretty much going to get raped by those who are good at it.

Other surprisingly enjoyable features are Arthur from Ghosts and Goblins, Dante, Phoenix, Morrigan and Chun Li don't suck now, and the new mission mode is pretty cool where they teach you long ass combos as opposed to just moves.

I didn't plan on buying MvC3 because I was annoyed that they cut down the characters from 56 or so to like 30 something, and the reason behind it is to release the other ones as DLC, which is fucking ridiculous imo. They also managed to take one of my favorite characters, Jill Valentine and give her the most obnoxious costume in the world, aka the one from RE5 :/ It annoys the shit out of me, I miss Jill from RE1 and RE3. Aside from those complaints though, the game play is pretty solid, and the characters that are there are all pretty cool. I fucking love Deadpool and his moonwalk and shoryuken :lol: The new air assist system is pretty cool, but if you're not good at doing it you're pretty much going to get raped by those who are good at it.

Other surprisingly enjoyable features are Arthur from Ghosts and Goblins, Dante, Phoenix, Morrigan and Chun Li don't suck now, and the new mission mode is pretty cool where they teach you long ass combos as opposed to just moves.
In my opinion MvC3 is the best fighting game ever if I don't count Tekken 3 (cuz nostalgia). My main team consists of Morrigan (And now that I mentioned Morrigan, I bought Darkstalkers 3 with 1€ :3), Derppool and Dante. I was kinda surprised that I won my first three online matches instead of gettin pro-raped like in my first Tekken 6 online matches. But yeah, I think I'm gonna spent hell of a lot time with this. BUT WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SERVBOT AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER? ;_;

And in other news, I was bored and spent little time with Minecraft.
serverbot.jpg

just had a good round of TF2

>be heavy
>have trusty medic sidekick
>totally dominate the point along with a pyro and soldier
>kill everyone, all spies, nobody can take this
>next round
>7 people on team
>2 snipers
>lose last 2 rounds
>mfw

heavy.jpg

Valve is one of those companies were if they were parents, would raise their kids to about 18, some even 14 or 15, then let them go out into the world and never talk to them ever again until they were dying alone in a hospital room.

Been too lazy to just go and pick up Portal 2. Damn shame.

I did purchase Minecraft though, and my roommate and some friends are all on a private server. The Subteranial Dominion of Kirkhamistan is under construction, under the pyramids of Stevah. All located, bordering the Greater Principalities of Murphdom.

The server has been going a long time before we started playing, so the spawn point is well built up with an impressive little town. We discovered the underground ruins of some guy who played for like two weeks, months ago. No one knew who built this massive underground kingdom for a while. :p

Portal 2 is everything Portal was, just infinitely better and cooler

I loved it

Also minecraft randomly eats up a day now and again, damn that game :lol:

Its alright, I'm not that hooked :/
Good time killer I can turn on and shut off any time.

My roommate is Craftcrazy. Has a self-harvesting cactus farm, is currently working on a monster-spawner, also self harvesting, so he can just go pick up all the loot. My friend didn't lay torches down when building a giant pyramid. Its full to the brim with monsters, he sealed the tomb... but the power is only growing inside. We have to assemble to clear it out pretty soon. I'd get a screen cap of it, but I'm actually afraid of opening it, and having them pour out. They'll fuck shit up.

Portal 2 was just like a sequel should be :) Taken the best from the first one and just generally making it more awesome.

That was the first thing I did when I got back home, buy Portal 2. Now back to Minecraft.

hBDDY.jpg

(too big of a picture? fuck you get a bigger monitor)