The Game Thread

I think it's pretty cool the way they managed to two environments to the game in one DLC really. The storyline is pretty good too, and there's plenty to do once it's done.

DLC

36259752.jpg

I bought a Wii, it was $50, and I plugged a USBHD into it. Apparently all you need is a 2gb SD card and you can softmod a Wii.
SO Twilight Princess down, Probably mario Galaxy next. Really hate the lack of HD on Wii though. I'm also being offered my friends PS3, when I can afford it. Dark Souls, God of War, Heavenly Sword, Some Calls of Duties, and Little Big Planet.

I really don't go out or do much lately :/

Twilight Princess down

I borrowed a Nintendo Wii for two times, one was for Twilight Princess and the second time for Skyward Sword. Since Ocarina of Time stole my heart in '97 I had to get the sequels. It went too much puzzle-oriented but these games are so much fun and excitement to spend some evenings with, just like Christmas time as kids. These games don't really match Ocarina of Time (Skyward Sword came pretty close), but there's epic moments (the ruins of Gate of Time in the forest taking you to the Temple of Time with the gregorian chants, the nostalgia was indescribable... after more than ten years, it was like the biggest deja vu.) I hope atmosphere and artistic mind doesn't completely vanish from games so I can enjoy the few good games even in the future.

Dark Souls

I have a PS3, I don't play much but I've played a dozen of games (not many good games exist really), and I have to say Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are amazing once you get a hold of them, for the challenge, depth and artistic vision. It never even occurred to me what to do with half of the items, you get no second chance to use your items, and you need to decide which properties to develop in your character... I consider myself a semi-pro player and these games were ridiculously hard to beat, you face bosses so overwhelming it seems there's nothing you can do to prevent dying. You learn each detail by dying. The game combines the best aspects of modern game technology to the challenge and depth of old-school games. Once you manage to finally kill them you lift your fist in the air in a sensation of victory. You end up several times not knowing where the hell to go or what the hell to do, but luckily there's the youtube walkthroughs... However, saying you've defeated Demon's Souls and Dark Souls will be merit to carry proudly and cause silent fearful respect in regular gamers, cos if you do beat them you can't be too stupid.

The first boss of Demon's Souls, guaranteed the gamer ever makes it so far, will make most gamers look for contact information for the game developers just to tell them how much they fucking hate them for making such an unfair boss fight. A dozen archers and a mountain-size knight against a regular character? Most will give up and never play again, but if you're intelligent and just think calmly and explore for possible weak spots, you'll eventually find a way to overcome the challenge. But then eventually comes the second world boss that was probably the most difficult and daunting boss I ever faced in any game. And others will follow in the games. You can't waste your shit cos you'd be forced to restart the game if you're out of healing items, weapons etc...

I started Dark Souls 7 months ago and have now proceeded to the last boss I think, about 85 hours of gameplay, when a casual game takes some 9 hours. Really good experience if you want a serious adventure game. I'd prefer it to be a bit easier and instead have more atmosphere. You only have ambient nature "music", but the feeling intensifies in the boss fights when you actually have music some of which is pretty epic, and some of the bosses in general are epicly creative (man eater, dragon god, the great wolf, maiden, gravelord, gaping dragon...) You wander freely in the world so there's no story format, you decide what happens along the way... most likely you'll wander astray from the ideal proceeding order and find yourself spit in an underground pathway full of dangers with nothing but the security of a weak weapon and miserable stats, you have to fight your way through with immense courage and learn every step through dying and doing it again.

Music from an epic boss you encounter in a deep deep catacomb...

Other games I played on PS3 and recommend:

Silent Hill Homecoming
Silent Hill Downpour
Modern Warfare 2
God of War 3
Siren Blood Curse
Dante's Inferno
Resident Evil 5

Then there's the racing simulators and martial art games etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
DLC

36259752.jpg

I bought a Wii, it was $50, and I plugged a USBHD into it. Apparently all you need is a 2gb SD card and you can softmod a Wii.
SO Twilight Princess down, Probably mario Galaxy next. Really hate the lack of HD on Wii though. I'm also being offered my friends PS3, when I can afford it. Dark Souls, God of War, Heavenly Sword, Some Calls of Duties, and Little Big Planet.

I really don't go out or do much lately :/

to be fair Bethesda are the only dev who still really do expansions, because the publishing companies enjoy stealing our cash

Been playing the Arma 3 Alpha, it's pretty cool. Got tons of potential, don't fuck it up, Bohemia.

Also just installed Invasion 1944, a WW2 mod for Arma 2: CO. Great fun.

Don't play SC2 anymore because that shit is terrifying.

TF2 is still king.

AND SAINTS ROW 4 FFUCK YEAH

AC3 was a huge letdown, how could you fuck up the series like that, and now pirates, wtf?

how is SC2 terrifying? Unless you mean HotS in which case fear not, you will be consumed by the swarm. It will be swift and painful.

I haven't played any AC game since 2, Brotherhood and Revelations looked cool but then I saw the ending for AC3 which was poop and now I don't feel there's much point. Series would have been 100000000000x better from the get-go without desmond/the animus/abstergo possibly even the ALIENZ, just murdering fuckers historically would do it for me

TF2 is still king.

Also related dunno why but Halo 4's online lifespan was ridiculously short for me, trying to figure out if I enjoyed it less or I just don't play online as much anymore. ME3's online is heaps of fun though.

Little Big Planet, Metal Gear and PS1 Originals are still the only reason I'd get a PS4.

I haven't even played Arma 2 yet but I'm sure it will be on sale in a few weeks for the Steam Spring Sale so I can wait.

I've heard a lot of bad things about SC2 and RTS's just don't hold my interest as much anymore so that doesn't help either.

The last AC game I played was also 2 but like you guys already mentioned it seems like the story has gotten very convoluted and downright stupid over the last few years. It's too bad that they're Call of Duty-ing the series and releasing one every year instead of taking the time to put out something of quality. I have AC3 on my computer and have yet to play it and I don't really have any desire to. They need to take a break with those games honestly.

Started playing TF2 with a few friends. I suck at PC shooters still lol. I'm getting the hang of it a little bit though.

Bought CS:GO awhile ago because my friend convinced me to get it. Fucking hated it lol.

Played a little bit of Borderlands 2. I like the game but I've just been more addicted to Guild Wars 2.

And yeah, signed onto live for the first time in awhile the other night and played 2 matches of Halo 4 on the new maps. Felt weird to use a controller again. Still pooped on kids with my Light Rifle. I'm sick as fuck right now though so I couldn't be bothered to sit there and try to play that game.

I borrowed a Nintendo Wii for two times, one was for Twilight Princess and the second time for Skyward Sword. Since Ocarina of Time stole my heart in '97 I had to get the sequels. It went too much puzzle-oriented but these games are so much fun and excitement to spend some evenings with, just like Christmas time as kids. These games don't really match Ocarina of Time (Skyward Sword came pretty close), but there's epic moments (the ruins of Gate of Time in the forest taking you to the Temple of Time with the gregorian chants, the nostalgia was indescribable... after more than ten years, it was like the biggest deja vu.) I hope atmosphere and artistic mind doesn't completely vanish from games so I can enjoy the few good games even in the future.

I have a PS3, I don't play much but I've played a dozen of games (not many good games exist really), and I have to say Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are amazing once you get a hold of them, for the challenge, depth and artistic vision. It never even occurred to me what to do with half of the items, you get no second chance to use your items, and you need to decide which properties to develop in your character... I consider myself a semi-pro player and these games were ridiculously hard to beat, you face bosses so overwhelming it seems there's nothing you can do to prevent dying. You learn each detail by dying. The game combines the best aspects of modern game technology to the challenge and depth of old-school games. Once you manage to finally kill them you lift your fist in the air in a sensation of victory. You end up several times not knowing where the hell to go or what the hell to do, but luckily there's the youtube walkthroughs... However, saying you've defeated Demon's Souls and Dark Souls will be merit to carry proudly and cause silent fearful respect in regular gamers, cos if you do beat them you can't be too stupid.

The first boss of Demon's Souls, guaranteed the gamer ever makes it so far, will make most gamers look for contact information for the game developers just to tell them how much they fucking hate them for making such an unfair boss fight. A dozen archers and a mountain-size knight against a regular character? Most will give up and never play again, but if you're intelligent and just think calmly and explore for possible weak spots, you'll eventually find a way to overcome the challenge. But then eventually comes the second world boss that was probably the most difficult and daunting boss I ever faced in any game. And others will follow in the games. You can't waste your shit cos you'd be forced to restart the game if you're out of healing items, weapons etc...

I started Dark Souls 7 months ago and have now proceeded to the last boss I think, about 85 hours of gameplay, when a casual game takes some 9 hours. Really good experience if you want a serious adventure game. I'd prefer it to be a bit easier and instead have more atmosphere. You only have ambient nature "music", but the feeling intensifies in the boss fights when you actually have music some of which is pretty epic, and some of the bosses in general are epicly creative (man eater, dragon god, the great wolf, maiden, gravelord, gaping dragon...) You wander freely in the world so there's no story format, you decide what happens along the way... most likely you'll wander astray from the ideal proceeding order and find yourself spit in an underground pathway full of dangers with nothing but the security of a weak weapon and miserable stats, you have to fight your way through with immense courage and learn every step through dying and doing it again.

Music from an epic boss you encounter in a deep deep catacomb...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X39HV_s0RdI

Other games I played on PS3 and recommend:

Silent Hill Homecoming
Silent Hill Downpour
Modern Warfare 2
God of War 3
Siren Blood Curse
Dante's Inferno
Resident Evil 5

Then there's the racing simulators and martial art games etc...

tl fucking dr mother fucker god dammmn.
MW2 I've played on Xbox, we had one in the last house, lots of bros.
Also Katamari Whatever fucking rooooocks.

Also Zelda has no sequals, except Legend of Zelda - Zelda II: Adventures of link.... maybe OoT - Majoras Mask. But I still need to grab a Wii Motion+ for Skyward Sword. My Wii also plays GC games so I'm debating doing up Wind Waker.

Yeah that's what I've thought about AC3. At the begining it started all good, very nice. And then this shit happened so fast. I mean fuckin huge unexplained gaps man. Besides all this shit, the new Tomb Raider is okay, kinda like uncharted (or vise versa!?!?!). Shiet, I'll be grabbing SC2 HOTS soon. And pretty much the Dragonborn dlc for Skyrim was good. What elese? Oh yeah, Colonial Marines! What a joke! I was expecing sooooo much moooore : ((((((((( how could they!?! Did anyone play Deadspace 3? I want some feedback on this shit.

Did anyone play Deadspace 3? I want some feedback on this shit.

Holy shit, how could I forget this. Dead Space 1 & 2 fucking rocked. I played DS2 through three times in a row. I love the combination of dark atmosphere and the technical functions and the weapons. They fucked up the atmosphere in the latter half of the second game, with all these gay plot twists. They shouldn't have revealed the face of the protagonist, especially as he turned out to be an annoying, clichéic American character. The original idea gave freedom of imagination as they didn't show the face of the protagonist and he never spoke, this way you felt as if drawn into the game yourself (with people contacting you through radio all the time) instead of watching a B-class movie.

I haven't checked the third game yet, but it already seems unoriginal, I can sense it from certain things. The element of claustrophobia and lonely dark atmosphere is gone, I read on reviews. But these are games you must get.

Holy shit, how could I forget this. Dead Space 1 & 2 fucking rocked. I played DS2 through three times in a row. I love the combination of dark atmosphere and the technical functions and the weapons. They fucked up the atmosphere in the latter half of the second game, with all these gay plot twists. They shouldn't have revealed the face of the protagonist, especially as he turned out to be an annoying, clichéic American character. The original idea gave freedom of imagination as they didn't show the face of the protagonist and he never spoke, this way you felt as if drawn into the game yourself (with people contacting you through radio all the time) instead of watching a B-class movie.

I haven't checked the third game yet, but it already seems unoriginal, I can sense it from certain things. The element of claustrophobia and lonely dark atmosphere is gone, I read on reviews. But these are games you must get.
You could see his face in the 1st game x) right at the start. So I finished Tomb Raider and I gotta say that it's GOTY material. The storyline is so damn good, the gameplay is just like Uncharted, it's perfect. In order for you to experience the game, you gotta play it on the hardest difficulty. The island is huge and there are plenty of skills and weapon upgrades. Amazing single player experience.

You were upset the main character in an American franchise was American? Did you expect a Haitian? Never been a fan of the genre really, but my chef was playing the first one and has told me he refuses to play more because it freaked him out. I told him to play Amnesia then get back to me... I recently hooked him up with a genesis emulator and pack of 750 games. He's loooving it.

The atmosphere in Telltale's Walking Dead is incredible, if you want a strong storyline, play through this one. I wasn't sure If I was going to like the style of game... almost all the action is played through quick time events, and point-and-click puzzle solving... but the story and the dialogue is so professional, and soo well done, that even though you are basically watching a long episode of a TV show (its based on the Comic/Show, but has its own story/characters), but its a really badass fucking episode.

You were upset the main character in an American franchise was American? Did you expect a Haitian? Never been a fan of the genre really, but my chef was playing the first one and has told me he refuses to play more because it freaked him out. I told him to play Amnesia then get back to me... I recently hooked him up with a genesis emulator and pack of 750 games. He's loooving it.

The atmosphere in Telltale's Walking Dead is incredible, if you want a strong storyline, play through this one. I wasn't sure If I was going to like the style of game... almost all the action is played through quick time events, and point-and-click puzzle solving... but the story and the dialogue is so professional, and soo well done, that even though you are basically watching a long episode of a TV show (its based on the Comic/Show, but has its own story/characters), but its a really badass fucking episode.
Telltale's games have always been good (at least for me). They did an excellent job with TWD. You've got to play the Monkey Island episodes which they also made. Now, I saw the new TWD game - Survival Instinct, which doesn't even come close to Telltale's masterpiece. It's a silly excuse for a game. Just milking cash from the loyal fanbase. Otherwise than that I don't see who else will buy this trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bioshock Infinite, just beat, so awesome.

uLeZtbF.jpg

I don't fully agree.

[No spoilers]

The story and plot mechanics are set up in a way so that the devs have an excuse to make a shitty and broken story that doesn't have any choice.

BAD THINGS

• Combat was meh.
  • Upgraded weapons do not change appearance.
  • Out of all the vigors (the powers for you who haven't played it) you only ever have to use 2, fireballs and posess.
  • Story is confusing as fuck.
  • The game is an extremely linear arena shooter. You go through a corridor, come to an arena (big open area), music starts playing, and waves of enemies appear. When music has stopped you know it's over.
  • Elizabeth had no emotional impact on me. She is a brat.
  • Final fight sucked major poop.
  • Game in general reeks of "I want to be a movie"

GOOD THINGS

• Aesthetics of Columbia is beautiful.
  • Guns feel satisfying, I almost only used the carbine though, f yeah.
  • The plot is actually pretty cool, but kinda badly done.
  • Dat bird (you who played the game know)
  • Feel of the game is generally good, very immersive.

Some screenshots:

M0IYmyb.jpg

L4wg3ff.jpg

OZvPyMo.jpg

OBLOQpg.jpg

f6ZWPX2.jpg

p9e8C05.jpg

9c0domV.jpg

uLeZtbF.jpg

I don't fully agree.

[No spoilers]

The story and plot mechanics are set up in a way so that the devs have an excuse to make a shitty and broken story that doesn't have any choice.

Maybe Some Spoilers!!!

Disagree, story ending I thought was great, and they did a pretty good job...I enjoyed it. Gameplay wise, that last fight was reeaaallly dumb, and the fact you are even fighting against those guys at all was ridiculous. You are on their side, and the excuse they have to make you enemies is garbage.

Also the last fight was just lame....

BAD THINGS

• Combat was meh. Some of it, yeah :/. Skylines were fun.
  • Upgraded weapons do not change appearance. Personally don't care :lol:
  • Out of all the vigors (the powers for you who haven't played it) you only ever have to use 2, fireballs and posess. :lol: I rarely used possession, and mosty did Electic and Hydro for CC, Sometimes Ram and Fire. Hydro is great for takeing out an entire ship by washing everyone off the deck.
  • Story is confusing as fuck. I didn't think so :/
  • The game is an extremely linear arena shooter. You go through a corridor, come to an arena (big open area), music starts playing, and waves of enemies appear. When music has stopped you know it's over.Agree lol. I still like piano *Twaanng* when you Melee kill.
  • Elizabeth had no emotional impact on me. She is a brat. </3
  • Final fight sucked major poop. Very poop.
  • Game in general reeks of "I want to be a movie" And there is a 3 hours movie version on youtube I think.

GOOD THINGS

• Aesthetics of Columbia is beautiful. Check
  • Guns feel satisfying, I almost only used the carbine though, f yeah. Machine Gun, Shotgun, Carbine, Hand Cannon. RPG Sucked.
  • The plot is actually pretty cool, but kinda badly done.2 deep 4 u lololo
  • Dat bird (you who played the game know) Fuck that bird.
  • Feel of the game is generally good, very immersive. Check

Songbro was the best thing in the game. And story is confusing since it gets dumped all up in your face in the last 10 minutes.

Forcing you to do one replay, where they dump all the forshadowing in the first 10 minutes. Starting to agree with you more....

Literally just started Casino... In a week my work is putting my on 12-8am shifts for 4 months... Social life diminish, games increasing... :/

Edit: just watched Casino... Didnt like it... Meant to say deus
Ex lol. This post happened cause my finger slipped, pulled the trigger, waiting for gaurds to fuck off .. Thats how good i am at games and stuff