The GMD Movie Club Thread

^you'd be surprised by how much obvious shit i haven't seen lol. regardless the worst case scenario is your pick doesn't get chosen, you can still participate in the watching part.

@TechnicalBarbarity @Slammed @Burkhard @AbelTim @RadicalThrasher @Slayed Necros @Oblivious Maximus @zerostatic @zabu of nΩd @Krow @rms @Bourbon @Krigloch the Furious @Anom@nder Rake @dwellerINTHEdark

TLDR: it's a bit like the mixtape game for movies, a theme is chosen and everyone submits a movie around that theme, the host then announces the list and we democratically choose 4(ish) for everyone to watch and rank (or rate)/discuss over an 8(ish) week period (movies that are easily available online is encouraged but i'm also willing to provide links to files), whoever's choice gets ranked the best hosts the next game.

please say if you're interested, you can also PM me theme ideas if you want, i've only had one PM so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG and zerostatic
I haven't seen anywhere near as much as some of the real cinephiles on this board either, so based on the theme I might submit something I haven't actually seen myself (if it's something from my colossal backlog that seems a good fit for the theme.)

I'll never get around to watching one movie a month let alone multiple movies so it wont be much point me playing.

I won't participate in this game. Not because I dislike the idea in itself, but it would take me too much time. It's also easier to sit through a song I dislike than entire movies I dislike, and my impression is that my taste in movies is - for the most part - quite different from what most people here seem to enjoy.

oh so im the fat chick?
GV53c1VNt0x4k.gif

right i'm just gonna get on with this.

the opening theme is going to be a nice easy one... REVENGE

OT6t.gif

send your picks to me by PM, once i've got them i'll post an anonymous list with the basic premise, screenshot and trailer link for each and you'll vote for the ones you want to watch. you are welcome to offer up your own premise/screenshot/trailer, otherwise i'll do it for you.

please don't submit a film if you have no intention of watching anybody else's, or i will get revenge on you:

200w.gif