The hockey thread

My picks for Opening night:

Washington over Boston (4-2)
Montreal over Toronto (4-1)
Colorado over San Jose (3-2)
Vancouver over Calgary (2-0)

Yes I know Colorado does not look good on paper, but it's Sakic's retirement they have to win.

Dude...I see a pattern 2 games 2 OT wins for the Habs after being outplayed big time in both games...All Hail Carey Price...the guy is a tank.

Good for the Avs...nice Sakic moment...love him, one of my fav alltime players!

The Habs being outplayed...I'd be concerned, cause Price is only gonna save ya for so long. He is as hot and cold as they come.

My B's bounced back nicely after the home opener loss...in throttling the Canes. The offense, showed its true potential (even minus Kessell) against a good defensive team. Lucic destroyed and bloodied another guy...has he ever or will he ever loose a fight!?! It was kinda a statement game but its also too early. Lets not forget the turmoil and how bad the Pens were doing last year..how'd that work out for ya?

KINGS Baby!! What is happening?! How did we pull of a 3-win streak? This team is supposed to be that dirt that is stuck at the bottom of your shoe, no matter how much you try to scrape it off the edge of the curb!

Maybe I'm actually going to pay some attention to this season! I still go to Kings games for the atmosphere, but I never watch it on TV..

Good for the Avs...nice Sakic moment...love him, one of my fav alltime players!

The Habs being outplayed...I'd be concerned, cause Price is only gonna save ya for so long. He is as hot and cold as they come.

That 7-1 loss to the Canucks served them right...they didn't work and they payed the price for it at practice.

Last nights 3-2 loss had nothing to do with them playing bad, if it wasn't for Khabibulin in net...Montreal easily wins that game like 5-3, 6-3.

SO the golden question is: Western or Eastern?

Western IMO not only because of LA Kings, but also because of Avalanches, Canucks...and on occasion the Red Wings (i hate them with a passion, but they have like 6 swedish players on their team so I have to somehow root for them as well)

In case Kings do fail to get anywhere (like always), at least I can root for 2-3 other teams, unlike the Eastern division where I really only like the Penguins and the Devils (because of Brodeur..what a legend)

SO the golden question is: Western or Eastern?

Western IMO not only because of LA Kings, but also because of Avalanches, Canucks...and on occasion the Red Wings (i hate them with a passion, but they have like 6 swedish players on their team so I have to somehow root for them as well)

In case Kings do fail to get anywhere (like always), at least I can root for 2-3 other teams, unlike the Eastern division where I really only like the Penguins and the Devils (because of Brodeur..what a legend)

Jeez, come on man...pick a team and go with them!?!:lol:

Love the sport in general and will watch any game that I get a chance to see, especially playoff time. I'm only a diehard Bruins fan...so I guess my main interest would obviously be in the East. The AVs are the only other team I rooted for with some interest. Mainly being a big Sakic / Forsberg fan...and when Bourque went from Boston to the AVs...of course I was very happy that he and the AVs won the cup that year.

Other teams / players being past or present that I may have rooted against but atleast enjoyed and appreciated. Lemieux- Yagr in Pitt were fun to watch... P. Bure- T. Linden & co.in Vancouver...going back even further, Gretzky- Messier & co. in Edmonton obviously were pretty amazing... though both those players annoyed the shit out of me. These days, well, Ovechkin may be the most dynamic / exciting player I've ever seen.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm a die hard Kings fan now!

The only thing is, back when I lived in Europe I didn't really have a "hometeam" so I would root for a whole bunch of teams, but most notably the Avalanches because Forsberg is my all-time favorite player of all time...of all time

Oh don't get me wrong I'm a die hard Kings fan now!

The only thing is, back when I lived in Europe I didn't really have a "hometeam" so I would root for a whole bunch of teams, but most notably the Avalanches because Forsberg is my all-time favorite player of all time...of all time

I understand. Do you live in the States now...I'm assuming near L.A.?

Being Forsberg is your fav player (one of mine as well)...I'm guessing you followed him and the AVs when winning thier Cups and really cementing thier rivalry at that time with Detroit. Throw Dallas & the Blues in with them as well...this was the NHL at its near best...some of the nastiest, skillful, entertaining hockey I've ever seen.

Let's just say that anything that happened in the 90's was better! NHL definitely included!

There's a rumour here that Joe Sakic will start playing for Modo. It's most likely bullshit, but I know that he's in town at least for some reason.

I like what I've seen from The habs these couple weeks...they seem to be getting gelled in as a team. and Price seems to have found his game again.

By the way...if anyone disagrees with me on this but...Michael Cammalleri, should play for team canada in the olympics...this guy is amazing. one of the purest & smartest goal scorers I've ever seen.