The inevitable has happened.. Good Bye Lopez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feicht said:
and for the record, i've seen opeth like four times, but never with axenrot.... does he pull it off?

I dont think he does. Ive only seem them with him on the kit, and he just didnt measure up. He had to style of his own to interject in the music. He also seemed to have issues keeping perfect time (especially with his bass drumming).

metalsped said:
I dont think he does. Ive only seem them with him on the kit, and he just didnt measure up. He had to style of his own to interject in the music. He also seemed to have issues keeping perfect time (especially with his bass drumming).

I have alot of Bootlegs from the past tours with axenrot, and there is nothing wrong wih his timing. The only thing he doesnt do very well is th articulation of the drums. He is more of a machine than a person.

opeth got a natural groove from lopez, we'll just have to see if it stays around or if Axe decides to change it.

had a bad feeling this news was inevitably coming at some point.

i've seen opeth with lopez in los angeles but when another opeth tour brought them to my area (san diego) with axe filling in, i decided not to go see them.

as opeth will start fresh by recording new material without lopez, i will start fresh, as well. i will listen to the new material and decide whether i'm still into opeth A.L. (after lopez).

Dear God, this is quite a shock (not really, I new it was inevitable, but didn't want to hear it) to me.

Martin, you will be truely missed, you were God to many, and were one of the greatest. Your work filled Opeth with groove, beat, and jazz. I wish you well in your new recordings with your own band and hope to listen to it in the near future.

Axe has large large shoes to fill, and I hope he is up to it. I am eager to listen to some new recordings with Axe on their next record.

Sad sad day for me,
Mr. Bland

:cry: :erk: :cry: :cry:

imo, lopez was a very good drummer, but solid as he was, drums can be replaced with effort and persictence imo, imo, imo, imo

i think that if everyone learns to use the imo style in their posts, then it will eliminate all forms of fighting here, imo, imo, imo, imo.

SethCohen said:
imo, lopez was a very good drummer, but solid as he was, drums can be replaced with effort and persictence imo, imo, imo, imo

anything and anyone can be replaced but sometimes the replacement does not provide the desired result. yes, change can be good in some instances, but, in this case, opeth's overall sound has already been adversely affected - no offense to axe intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.