The inevitable has happened.. Good Bye Lopez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tumn said:
Anyone remember what his last performance was? I think it was Chicago's SOTU, but he did not do the Meet and Greet as he wasn't feeling well or something at the time.

Nope, it was the next night in St. Louis. I was there. He did a great job and he didn't look sick and I didn't hear any mistakes. There were not as many
extra fills that he usually puts into a live setting but dammit, he was doing a great job.
Axe is good but he will have to come up with his own style. I wish him all the luck in the world. I just don't get this.

I didn't see him except on-stage so I really couldn't tell. Hell he never really looked healthy to me the two other times I saw the fucker.

affinityband said:
Yeah gutted... Hell Hammer would be a perfect fit or even Mr Portnoy hahaha......:erk:

That's funny cuz Hellhammer was the 1st drummer that came to mind for me.

I'm sure Axe will do well, but Opeth requires a drummer who can take it to the next level. I'm not sure if he can bring the style & beauty of Lopez. The next album will be their most highly anticipated release yet.

I'm lucky enough to be able to say I saw them with him in the band. I guess now I relish that opportunity more than ever.

I wonder what the sickness actually was though? The later promo shots showed him looking quite unhealthy. Poor guy.

damnit... i guess we all knew this was gonna happen, but still...

i'll join the chorus here in saying what a dominant force he was on opeth's sound, and i'm REALLY curious what the recordings will sound like without him.

and for the record, i've seen opeth like four times, but never with axenrot.... does he pull it off?

Martin Lopez 1998-2005

RIP Brother !:cry: :headbang: :kickass:

He was really getting better and more musical whith each Opeth album !

Maybe this is a more tragic loss than most people think (Axenrot favourite drummer is the Mercyful Fate drummer of the 80's can't remember his name now and Lopez was into Akira Jimbo, Horacio El Negro Hernadez and Gene Hoglan)

I guess time will tell but Axenrot has big shoes to fill in for sure !

Good Luck to Axenrot !

Maybe Opeth will go back to their Bloodbath/Entombed/Grave roots with him !

Death_To_False_Metal said:
Martin Lopez 1998-2005

RIP Brother !:cry: :headbang: :kickass:

He was really getting better and more musical whith each Opeth album !

Maybe this is a more tragic loss than most people think (Axenrot favourite drummer is the Mercyful Fate drummer of the 80's can't remember his name now and Lopez was into Akira Jimbo, Horacio El Negro Hernadez and Gene Hoglan)

I guess time will tell but Axenrot has big shoes to fill in for sure !

Good Luck to Axenrot !

Maybe Opeth will go back to their Bloodbath/Entombed/Grave roots with him !

lol he didn't die, fag

Status
Not open for further replies.