The inevitable has happened.. Good Bye Lopez

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOOOOOOOO! Bye Lopez! Martin Axenrot SUCKS! He has no style nor soul. Opeth has just lost a huge chunk of their sound.... This isn't good.

Now im sober i can probably contribute something a bit more sensible. Even though Lopez was Amazing for Opeth, we cant think we know best for Opeth. They havent taken fans advice so far so i reckon they are doing pretty well. I also would love to hear a new album with Axe just so we wont have to assume anything about him. He could give Opeth a different sound. And maybe give them a more extreme element.

well... Lopez leaving Opeth wasn't as big of a surprise as seeing that Lopez is in another band... seemed like he loved Opeth... unless it's the touring that's getting him... his new project might be non-touring like said earlier in the thread

anyway, I'm interested in hearing what kind of impact Axenrot will have on Opeth's sound at the end result of the whole creative process with their next album

Not the best news, but not unexpected either.
Saw them both in Bergen and Oslo last year with Axenrot, and as far as i could tell he did a good job.

Best of luck to Martin and Opeth.

House of Seance said:
anyway, I'm interested in hearing what kind of impact Axenrot will have on Opeth's sound at the end result of the whole creative process with their next album

I think he may have at least a year before any thoughts are given to the next album. So he will have plenty of time to get into the groove, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.