The love/hate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's total bullshit.

Researchers in New Zealand found that those who used cannabis by the age of 15 were more than three times (300%) more likely to develop illnesses such as schizophrenia. Other research has backed this up, showing that cannabis use increases the risk of psychosis by up to 700% for heavy users, and that the risk increases in proportion to the amount of cannabis used (smoked or consumed). Additionally, the younger a person smokes/uses cannabis, the higher the risk for schizophrenia, and the worse the schizophrenia is when the person does develop it. Research by psychiatrists in inner-city areas speak of cannabis being a factor in up to 80 percent of schizophrenia cases.

From Schizophrenia.com

Heard any voices in your head recently, boy?

Researchers in New Zealand found that those who used cannabis by the age of 15 were more than three times (300%) more likely to develop illnesses such as schizophrenia. Other research has backed this up, showing that cannabis use increases the risk of psychosis by up to 700% for heavy users, and that the risk increases in proportion to the amount of cannabis used (smoked or consumed). Additionally, the younger a person smokes/uses cannabis, the higher the risk for schizophrenia, and the worse the schizophrenia is when the person does develop it. Research by psychiatrists in inner-city areas speak of cannabis being a factor in up to 80 percent of schizophrenia cases.

From Schizophrenia.com

Heard any voices in your head recently, boy?

Let's not forget this statistic:

Wikipedia said:
The lifetime prevalence of schizophrenia — that is, the proportion of individuals expected to experience the disease at any time in their lives — is commonly given at 1%. A 2002 systematic review of many studies, however, found a lifetime prevalence of 0.55%.

Not quite a negligible concern, but still a pretty small one, especially if you smoke in moderation.

I'd say that, overall, a heavy alcohol user has much more to worry about than a heavy cannabis user does.

I love these lyrics:

Bring the women
and children before me
Let us make rivers of their blood
Bleed for me...I wish it so
and streams shall meet such rivers
and seaward they shall flow

See the shoreline scattered
with their precious skulls
See the tide come in
as blood to meet their bone
A grotesque promise
Beneath a crimson sky...a seasons birth

We'll drown the newborn like unwanted dogs
and condemn them to their desperate gods
We'll take a needle, to the arm of the world
For it is our season

We'll burn the temples, of the righteous
Rend them as ashes, to the four winds
As ashes... to the four winds
The winds of a new season

I love that I finally get Hammers Of Misfortune. Or at least The Bastard, which is the only album I've heard so far. I sat down with the album, lyrics in hand, at 2 in the morning, and I listened to the whole thing. It's really quite an impressive piece, I just never gave it the proper attention. And the lyrics are extremely important to the appreciation factor. It's interesting how they occasionally use a chorus or two from another song, or when they return to a familiar musical theme, only in a variable form to accentuate the change in climate that takes place in the story. I almost felt compelled to analyze the lyrics from an academic/poetic position, as I was finding that I greatly appreciated the literary tools employed in the lyrics, whether consciously or otherwise.

My mother's side of the family is suceptable to addiction, so I won't take my chances. Plus weed leads to other drugs, and I'd rather get high on metal than on illegal substances (especially from a financial standpoint).

Weed in non-addictive. Some users develop mental addictions sometimes, but they are not real.

Please do.

edit: So I can send it to your porbation officer.

:lol:

Well it wasn't all that eventful. I ate them with chocolate ice cream, but I didn't have that much since I haven't done them in a while. I didn't trip hard. I just lied down on my floor and watch the furniture and walls ripple like water. No cool stuff.

Next trip monday though. I'm at least going to up my dosage by a gram so I have a better experience.

I love these lyrics:

Bring the women
and children before me
Let us make rivers of their blood
Bleed for me...I wish it so
and streams shall meet such rivers
and seaward they shall flow

See the shoreline scattered
with their precious skulls
See the tide come in
as blood to meet their bone
A grotesque promise
Beneath a crimson sky...a seasons birth

We'll drown the newborn like unwanted dogs
and condemn them to their desperate gods
We'll take a needle, to the arm of the world
For it is our season

We'll burn the temples, of the righteous
Rend them as ashes, to the four winds
As ashes... to the four winds
The winds of a new season

dude is that Primordial? That's a great song.

As far as lyrics go, and I know a lot of people dislike Dani Filth, but of all the bands I listen to I haven't found a better writer/lyricist than Dani. He can easily tackle many different areas and I find his lyrics to be more than inspiring.

As far as lyrics go, and I know a lot of people dislike Dani Filth, but of all the bands I listen to I haven't found a better writer/lyricist than Dani. He can easily tackle many different areas and I find his lyrics to be more than inspiring.

Absolutely. Filth's lyrics are incredible. I don't get much out of their music these days, but I'll always be amazed at some of the shit they wrote.

Cradle of Filth ("Absinthe With Faust") said:
Tripping through boudoirs laced with opiate themes
Sipping the bizarre, tasting copious dreams
A toast to those most sacrilegious of days
Where for every whim won
One soon repays

We touched the stars
That now laugh from afar
At we, the damned

Simply beautiful. There needs to be more of that in metal.

Absolutely. Filth's lyrics are incredible. I don't get much out of their music these days, but I'll always be amazed at some of the shit they wrote.

Simply beautiful. There needs to be more of that in metal.

Well I particularily think his lyrics have suffered a bit in the past few years. His recent writings are a bit more simplistic. His strong points are in Dusk, Cruelty, Damnation and Midian. Midian has a different value, because of how unique and clever they are, there is a ton of double meanings and puns that a lot of people probably wouldn't even notice just by glancing at them. And how Dani Filth managed to write a full album's worth of lyrics regarding Elizabeth Bathory in the fashion that he did is beyond me, simply amazing.

He's very well-versed in many subjects, themes, probably knows every single word in the dictionary and not to mention Dani can easily out-rhyme a damn leprechaun! ...and no contrary to popular belief Dani isn't one.

Status
Not open for further replies.