The older games thread.

I came to post today in this thread the following titles, only to find them RIPPED FROM MY CLUTCHES!:
Oddworld - I was so happy when I beat this
Ehrgeiz - The dungeon was fucking insane
MDK - one of my first games I played on playstation
Clocktower I/II - A game solely about finding unique ways to kill people trapped in a mansion - HELL YES!

What I will contribute:

Samurai Showdown
SS5_Xbox_003_1_.jpg

Nuclear Strike
nuclearstrike_profilelarge.jpg

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
25713.jpg

King of Fighters '95
kof-95-2.jpg

Any TMNT game
20090424.4236540.jpg

And no one better forget X-MEN
xmenarcade-1.jpg

How could I forget MDK? Shiny Entertainment kicked ass, in general.Before they sold out with the Matrix games :erk:

Earthworm Jim, MDK 1 and 2, Sacrifice, and let's not forget Giants: Citizen Kabuto developed by Planet Moon Studios which was the creative workforce behind Sacrifice after being laid off by the company. That said, the first MDK looks kinda dated, but the sequel is great!
Vilden's list kicks ass in its entirety.

Oh, and Blood 2 featured one of the most vile and disgusting critters I've ever seen in a video game. You know those bone leeches that inhabited the many watery regions of the game; they would latch on to your face and suck the life out of you. Ugh.

Hmm that looks like a really fun game, shame I missed it!

Speaking of good game songs, here is one kind of like the one you posted, albeit more modern from Lineage II

Last edited by a moderator:
Those who mentioned Commandos and Lords of the Realm 2

:kickass:

I still boot those up on occasion.

I spent many hours in the dark playing the Thief series, as well as Lords of the Realm 2, Commandos, Axis and Allies, Sim City 3000, Robert E Lee Civil War General, Goldeneye, Tecmobowl, Super Mario Bros 3 (NES), etc.

Squaresoft\Square-Enix has always been owning all other game companies to damn hard. Every fucking game they release has the greatest story, dosnt matter if its old school or modern. They always deliver good shit...

Breath of Fire 1 & 2
Contra, Super Contra, and Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Gauntlet
LoZ: Link to the Past
Earthbound
Secret of Mana
Diablo 1 & 2
Starcraft
Act raiser
F-Zero
Mario Kart
Mario RPG

these are just some old goodies that I would still play. Also if they have been mentioned already (which I'm sure they have) sorry.

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero

This game was fucking hard. The cyclone boss was such a pain in the ass... It took me like 30 game overs to find out I needed to hang onto the edge to survive.

Really liked the outworld (netherworld makes more sense, but I think it was out) board... I think it started with a fight with scorpion, if you decapitated him earlier in the game.

The giant monster at the end Shinnok turned into was underwhelming.

I think this game was mentioned already... but I want to as well.

hexen.518204.jpg

Very gory. Very occult oriented. I'm pretty sure this is one of the games that warped my youth.

Suikoden I&II!!

I always ALWAYS wanted to play this; it was one of those few games that had the perfect look and feel. Just looking at the game and the massive amount of characters... you knew it was special.

I still want to play this damn game!

Chuck_Rock_cover_MD.jpg

This thread brought back a terrible memory of this game.
I had this for super nintendo...

You're a horribly overweight caveman... who... picks up rocks... and chucks them.
-______-
(oh and you can kick and hit stuff with your gut)

3 Lives, no extra lives in the game, no continuing. Extremely difficult.. collision detection issues...

This is one game that I honestly would need months of grinding to even get to the final boss. Maybe I could beat it on an emulator... but I honestly think this is the one game I never have a chance of actually beating on a console. Ever.