The love/hate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't touch upon the subject of masculinity, but you got to give cookiecutter credit for, as an atheist, sticking with such an enthusiastically Christian organization. I'm Catholic, and I still can't stand such things as retreats and special prayer services.
I have to bite the bullet and take the good with the bad. Religion was actually never discussed or forced on me or anyone else in my troop. I never felt the need to piss people off by revealing my beliefs and no one felt the need to try to make me do anything. I actually won some "Duty to God" award at one point.:headbang:

I was actually joking. I'm an Eagle Scout as well.
Awesome! My troop was like yours for a while but recently we've got some new blood and things have been a little more organized. One of my best friends (also an Eagle) is in the troop and it is fun to hang out with him as well as help the little guys out. What was your Eagle project by the way? For mine I did some landscaping and paving to spruce up the local Vietnam vets memorial.

I did some bullshit fire safety awareness project at the last minute since it required minimal work. I just got some pamphlets from the fire house and made up a questionnaire, tied it all up in a rubber band and handed it out to some houses in my neighborhood. Of course I had that I did like 700 houses, but I probably did more like 250. Only like 3 people actually filled out the questionnaire because everyone in my neighborhood is a cunt, btw. :lol: And now that I think of it, our troop actually met at a church...but that's okay, they had a huge parking lot where we played football and shit. I'm pretty sure the troop is dead now though. There was only one boy left after me and one other kid.

Boy scouts don't deserve their own thread, I just got lucky to be in an incredibly unorthodox troop. The more organized and 'serious' it is, the gayer it is.

I just got lucky to be in an incredibly unorthodox troop. The more organized and 'serious' it is, the gayer it is.
This is true in some ways and false in others. Yeah you didn't have to go through the bs, but it is very satisfying knowing that I really worked hard to attain this rank. There are a lot of requirements though for merit badges and stuff that are ultra gay. I just did the bare minimum for those.

I'm a sucker for men in uniform. :p
Why hello there :cool:

Only if you have a badge in Supreme Asskicking.

I don't think the Boy Scouts of America gives those out.

This is true in some ways and false in others. Yeah you didn't have to go through the bs, but it is very satisfying knowing that I really worked hard to attain this rank. There are a lot of requirements though for merit badges and stuff that are ultra gay. I just did the bare minimum for those.

I was just talking about the troops themselves, not the merit badges and whatnot. When you have bigger troops and more organized troops, you tend to get those asshole father leaders who failed at being a man when they were a child trying to live vicariously through the scouts, so they get really gung-ho and generally annoying. That or you have the more religious leaders.

Man. I just looked through my senior yearbook from high school and it depressed me. I felt like, "Oh, maybe I should have done this and this and made the most of this or this" but then half way through that I thought, "why the fuck am I thinking this?" Meaningless years. Silly me.

Status
Not open for further replies.