the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't really know what to think about Prior. If he stays healthy he'll still have to deal with the control issues, as you said. I'm sure the lack of control on his breaking stuff was related to his injuries, so I'd imagine that is he gets a full spring of work in he'll improve. If that happens, then the Cubs will have a pretty good top-3 in Lilly, Zambrano and Prior (I assume Kerry Wood will be eaten by wolves or something), so that, along with Piniella managing, Alfonso Soriano, Aramis Ramirez and (hopefully) as full season out of Derek Lee, they should be a lot better than they were. And since no one else in the division improved very much at all (if I recall correctly. I want to say the Brewers did something, but I don't remember), I think the Cubs have a legitimate shot.

Piniella is the key, though.

prior may still have top 3 top 5 best pure stuff/talent in the majors though

if he gets teh slider/curve over on a decently consistent basis, he will be very good (assuming he is healthy which is a huge assumption)

if he gets teh slider/curve over on a decently consistent basis, he will be very good (assuming he is healthy which is a huge assumption)

He'll never be healthy again with the cubs. He'll go somewhere else and suddenly find himself, as per the usual.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far with Prior. 2003 was his only really speactacular season. Other than that, he generally seems to have above average abilites (except for last year), but he's too injury prone, and that's obviously having a very negative impact on him. Very talented, but very unlucky.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far with Prior. 2003 was his only really speactacular season. Other than that, he generally seems to have above average abilites (except for last year), but he's too injury prone, and that's obviously having a very negative impact on him. Very talented, but very unlucky.

Such is life. I agree, by the way.

Pitchers, in general, always end up disappointing me.

prior's pure abilities haven't diminished at all and I think he is still only like 26 or 27

Looking at last season, I'm not sure if it's true that his abilities haven't diminished. He's had some very serious injuries the likes of which some guys never fully recover from. I'm not saying this is the case with Prior, though, but it wouldn't be too far fetched. And, againt, other than 2003, he's never had a really spectacular season.

Maybe he'll bounce back and have a really good season. I hope so, but the Cubs shouldn't put all their hopes on him.

Ah French exchanges were so funny, I made my french dude shit on this moody old french blokes door step. Those frogs seemed to do everything you told them to.

:lol: quality. I never went on a French exchange, but I did a Spanish one. My partner was a legend.

THE HATE THREAD IS GONE :cry:

edit: I love my sweet new hat...

I was shocked to my very core when I saw that. Someone should get a petition going for it to be reopened.

We cant help if we get carried away talking about stuff.

Which, ironically, that is what online forums are for. You know, sparking conversation and interacting with people. Not to mention this also happens, you know, in real life and whatnot on a daily basis. You get into a conversation about something and it stems into something else. I don't understand how on earth you could possibly be off-topic, in an off-topic thread. But what do I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.