the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to ask V5 to re-open the hate thread and promise him that we won't tell Deron about it.

I don't get it, when did anybody say that rape is a joke and shouldn't be taken seriously??

it was all clearly a joke, and nobody was offended

Ummmmm....those statements seem a little conflicting

I don't see the reason for three social threads, it is hard enough keeping up with the three main threads and all the other threads popping up... but I did usually prefer that thread over the love thread but I don't care either way :)

Metal lyrics are NOT to be taken literally. Much of the 'gore' aspect of metal is to be taken as if one were reading a comic book. You can't go out making fun of the rather sensitive issues of soceity. Whats wrong remains wrong, metal or not.

As forum posts are usually not meant to be taken seriously. Obviously none of us meant what they were saying.

Actually I said it was as much for the fact that it was a social thread any more as well. Probably more so the reason it was closed. The rape stuff was just the piece of straw.

The hate thread in essence is a social/off topic thread. It's not necessary to lock those threads, just delete the posts?

So what if it was just becoming another social thread?? Was it hurting anybody? NO! We all enjoyed it, and isn't that the point? No one was complaining. Removing it was unnecessary.

Exactly. Agreed 100% d00d.

I love the lyrics to this song:

They think they know who I am
All they know is I love to kill
Face down, dead on the ground
Find me before another is found
I come alive in the darkness
Left murdered and nameless
Dead unburied and rotten
Half eaten by insects
She was so beautiful
I had to kill her
Tied her up
Taped her mouth shut
Couldn't scream
Raped violently
Rope tight, around her throat
Her body twitches
as she chokes
Strangulation caused her death
just like all the others
Raped before and after death
stripped, naked, tortured
They're all dead, they're all
Dead
They're all dead, by strangulation
Dead unburied and rotten
Half eaten by insects
It Felt so good to kill
I took their lives away
7 dead, lying rotten
Unburied victims
their naked body putrefy
Strangulation caused her death
Just like all the others
Raped before and after death
Stripped, naked, tortured
They're all dead, they're all dead
They're all dead, by strangulation
Dead unburied and rotten
Half eaten by insects
They think they know who I am
All they know is I love to kill
Face down, dead on the ground
Find me before another is found

Why don't you just go ahead and lock this thread too and leave us just the Social thread. The whole purpose of this was to be a spin off of the hate thread which was created a long time before it.

Nor are jokes meant to be taken literally. If you can listen to music with offensive lyrical themes, but not offensive jokes, that's a double standard. Regardless, do you really think that there are no metal bands out there who mean what they say?

It seems like your saying that it's ok for metal bands to make light of any subject they want, but it's not ok for anyone else.
Just try and imagine a person who's been a victim of rape in the past comes on and reads this. What people were posting could have gotten QUITE offending.

I agree with the idea though that simply the deletion of posts would have been a fine solution. Including a warning to go with it.

Just try and imagine a person who's been a victim of rape in the past comes on and reads this. What people were posting could have gotten QUITE offending.

I agree with the idea though that simply the deletion of posts would have been a fine solution. Including a warning to go with it.

Yeah? Imagine that same person reading the lyrics that Life Sucks posted earlier. You don't seem to have a problem with that, and yet you do take issue with the jokes?

What's up with some of you twats lately? I swear you're becoming way too close to what the old SoT forum became with your prick elitist attitudes. This forum is a clique group hangout for you to run rough shot and post however you want, whatever you want, without consideration for other visitors. You want to express yourselves and joke about rape, aids, pedophilia or whatever the hell, then simply take it to another site. That's just the way it is. Get over it already.

You few want to push it I can just disallow you to post in GMD or the site altogether, that's up to you. I can tell you I've had about enough of the bitching and moaning about it.

Get back on topic loves.

Status
Not open for further replies.