the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A cross channel invasion into Britain, historically, has NEVER worked.

Battle of Hastings.

But, yeah, a cross channel invasion is a pretty tall order, and I strongly believe that Harold could have won at Hastings if he hadn't just marched there all the way from York after fighting at Stamford Bridge.

Battle of Hastings.

But, yeah, a cross channel invasion is a pretty tall order, and I strongly believe that Harold could have won at Hastings if he hadn't just marched there all the way from York after fighting at Stamford Bridge.

That's what I'm saying. You can't get at England, especially modern day England, from across a body of water. Never works :) Napoleon = failed. Hitler = failed.

don't disrespect paco you douche, he is the greatest guitarist ever

There are so many great guitarists its really hard to pick which one is the "greatest". I guess if you broke it down into sub categories like.

Most technical ability
Most emotional "soul"
Most Insert something here.

I don't know. Hes a great guitarist for sure, but not the greatest imho. I don't have a greatest too many to choose from lol, but I prefer the speed/technical ability most, so I guess Batio would be my fav, but of course hes not the greatest in many ways, but he is the "best" at this time at pure speed / hitting every note perfect while he does it :)

I thought Chuck was the greatest guitarist ever? Or was it Dime bag? :Smug:

@bigdave

I'm sure if there was a poll of the top 20 "best" guitarist not one would get over 10% of the vote lol. Theres too much varying opinion on this subject. Too subjective.

Vai
Petrucci
Malmsteen
Batio
Hendrix

etc. (Yes I know im missing a ton more, but just generalizing :) )

EDIT: Was replying before you put @dave :) soz

I thought Chuck was the greatest guitarist ever? Or was it Dime bag? :Smug:

@bigdave

don't be a douche, chuck is definately one of my favorite death metal guitarists but I never claimed he was the best ever overall (not even close), Dimebag is barely in my top 30 of all metal guitarists

my top 3 fave guitarists = robert fripp (king crimson), paco de lucia, and david gilmour (pink floyd)

don't be a douche, chuck is definately one of my favorite death metal guitarists but I never claimed he was the best ever overall (not even close), Dimebag is barely in my top 30 of all metal guitarists

my top 3 fave guitarists = robert fripp (king crimson), paco de lucia, and david gilmour (pink floyd)

Sorry, it's hard to keep up.

Update: "douche" has crept in as the likely successor to "nerd"

Status
Not open for further replies.