the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked GTA3 and San Andreas. Vice City, not so much. Manhunt was an awesome game and I can't believe no one has mentioned it. That was the only game I ever had to take a hiatus from because it was starting to disturb me. The Dynasty Warriors series is also fucking indredible, though I haven't played any of them since Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, as I do not currently have a functioning console.

The greatest game ever? Simple: Castlevania- Symphony of the Night.

I liked GTA3 and San Andreas. Vice City, not so much. Manhunt was an awesome game and I can't believe no one has mentioned it. That was the only game I ever had to take a hiatus from because it was starting to disturb me. The Dynasty Warriors series is also fucking indredible, though I haven't played any of them since Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, as I do not currently have a functioning console.

The greatest game ever? Simple: Castlevania- Symphony of the Night.

Manhunt had irritable game play and was just too fucking tedious to beat. Not to mention that it was mad hard.

Manhunt had irritable game play and was just too fucking tedious to beat. Not to mention that it was mad hard.

I was hard, and I guess that's why it seemed tedious at times. You'd end up having to do things over and over again. But, it was cool being forced to find different ways to do things. I'd have to go through a section a dozen different times before I figured out how to do it right. If you screwed up in one place, a lot of times it would fuck up the rest of the board for you. Then towards the end, with the guns... that shit was great.

The only thing I really didn't like was the part on the junkyard with the crane. That seemed very out of place to me.

It took me forever to beat that game. The last board was pretty good, except for the very end, when you kill Starkweather. The fight with him was lame.

I'd say Grand theft auto III was the greatest gaming experience I have ever had

I remember getting the game and playing it for the first time - I think I had a saturday in 2000 where I played GTA III for 15 hours nonstop (outside of food/bathroom)

I remember getting the game and playing it for the first time - I think I had a saturday in 2000 where I played GTA III for 15 hours nonstop (outside of food/bathroom)

Yeah I liked GTA 3. All of them were fun but I think 3 was best for me.

at the time I was a newcomer to the ps2, and the game absolutely shattered all of my views of what video games were capable of

I honestly played the game maybe 100 hours in 20 - 25 days

My brother and I got it for Christmas the year it came out. We didn't have a memory card, and it was a week or two before we got one. So, since we couldn't save the game, we just played in shifts. Play for a while, hand it off to go eat and whatnot then watch other play for a while until taking the control again. At night one of us would play for a few hours while the other slept. The mussions would usually take several attempts and we spend a lot if time screwing around and doing side missions, so we didn't progress though the game very fast. In retrospect it was pretty sad.

Seriously, though:

CASTLEVANIA: SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT!

My brother and I got it for Christmas the year it came out. We didn't have a memory card, and it was a week or two before we got one. So, since we couldn't save the game, we just played in shifts. Play for a while, hand it off to go eat and whatnot then watch other play for a while until taking the control again. At night one of us would play for a few hours while the other slept. The mussions would usually take several attempts and we spend a lot if time screwing around and doing side missions, so we didn't progress though the game very fast. In retrospect it was pretty sad.

that's kinda my problem with GTA Games, I binge on them to the point where they become unplayable after 6 or 7 months

I played san andreas for maybe 300 hours in 5-6 months and there was just no point for me to ever play it again

None of you are RPG fans it seems >.>

FINAL FANTASY 7/9 >>> BEST GAME's EVER MADE

Metal Gear Solid Original for PS amazinnnnng game

Chrono Cross/Trigger >> Amazing games

Morrowind > amazing

Suikoden Series

Xenosaga/Xenogears

Breath of Fire

All classics, all amazing series.

This list is mostly RPG's, except for MGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.