the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Bigdave, shut up...jeez.
That goes for everytime he opens his mouth. Oh and bigdave.. this isn't a chatroom/irc-channel. These are discussion forums. You don't go "hey guys whats up im back from work!?!". That's utterly retarded and you deserve some thorough kicking between your legs for acting like a brainless fuck.

I can personally not think any other scenario than a person who likes VERY heavy metal (grindcore,brutaldm) ONLY, for him to not like Opeth (or perhaps not like metal in general). Opeth are very tasteful for just about everybody's likings IMO. Hence the popularity as well. They're one of, if not the, most accessible extreme metal band.

I can personally not think any other scenario than a person who likes VERY heavy metal (grindcore,brutaldm) ONLY, for him to not like Opeth (or perhaps not like metal in general). Opeth are very tasteful for just about everybody's likings IMO. Hence the popularity as well. They're one of, if not the, most accessible extreme metal band.

I love opeth as much as anybody, but that is awfully ignorant. There are quite a few metalheads on this board who don't like opeth who listen to plenty of 70s prog and other "lighter" music

Opeth needs to retire ASAP. The next release will be abysmally bad and staining the memory of Morningrise and MAYH. Lopez realized this, so why can't the rest of the band?

Opeth are very tasteful for just about everybody's likings IMO. Hence the popularity as well. They're one of, if not the, most accessible extreme metal band.

Nah. They are hardly accessible, overlong songs with really repetitive riffs plus absolutely JARING transitions =/= accessiblity.

How is Opeth not accessible? Chances are the average listener doesn't care about how dumb the transitions sound, and for some reason no one seems to mind their long-ass songs.

lmao noisecore?

I listen to ACTUAL noise. I don't think I've ever heard any "noisecore." Faggot.

Also what does that have to do with anything? I was saying they are pretty accessible. I'm pretty sure I actually have an idea of what accessibility is, considering I listen to both the most obviously accessible stuff in metal, as well as extremely uninviting music, such as noise, often both within one or two days...

You're a dumb troll!

lmao noisecore?

I listen to ACTUAL noise. I don't think I've ever heard any "noisecore." Faggot.

Also what does that have to do with anything? I was saying they are pretty accessible. I'm pretty sure I actually have an idea of what accessibility is, considering I listen to both the most obviously accessible stuff in metal, as well as extremely uninviting music, such as noise, often both within one or two days...

You're a dumb troll!
Noisecore = stiff like Anal Cunt. I hear the term thrown around all the time.

lmao noisecore?

You're a dumb troll!
Yes, you listen to Noise, which is comprised of long disharmonic compositions, which I would guess don't offer anything in terms of well transitioned, unified pieces of music. But you are criticising Opeth's musical transitions. Also, if I listened to noise everyday I would think Opeth was accessible too!

Opeth is not accessible. It took me quite some time to like them. The vocals, as excellent as they are, took some getting used to for me. The mammoth songs, the transitions (as mentioned above), etc. It is the kind of music you have to set aside time to just sit down and listen to, which doesn't seem too accessible to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.