the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love guitar heroes 2. I don't love paying £4.25 ($8.50) for three downloadable songs. Most of which are shit anyway.

CURSE YOU REDOCTANE.

CUNTS

I love the new Command & Conquer game. I don't love the fact that I am at work right now instead of playing it.

I have it for the PC. Playing RTS games on a console seems a bit weird to me. Though I do believe the 360 version will have some additional multiplayer features.

Either way I highly recommend it if you're a fan of the series. To me it's the best C&C game to come out since Red Alert.

I love Age of Empires III, especially the music they play when you start pwning the enemy town.

Ivan the Terrible: "My town! Noooooooooo!!!!!"

I have it for the PC. Playing RTS games on a console seems a bit weird to me. Though I do believe the 360 version will have some additional multiplayer features.

Either way I highly recommend it if you're a fan of the series. To me it's the best C&C game to come out since Red Alert.

Yeah PC is obviously the best choice for a strategy game. I also love the new game, to me the Command & Conquer series never dissapoints.

Well I found C&C Generals pretty disappointing. It had pretty much none of the elements that made old C&C games great and I had actually given up on the series since Westwood Studios was acquired by EA (renowned for releasing SHIT games). But they proved me wrong completely, happy to say.

I really don't like RTS games. They effectively destroyed the turn-based domination during the mid nineties. For me, strategy games will always be best personified by the old skool CIV games, Master of Magic, Master of Orion (1 and 2), and of course the ultimate brilliance that is...

X-COM (aka UFO ENEMY UNKNOWN).

Now THAT fucker needs a remake.

RTS piss me off by having the gall to call themselves strategy games. Having to quickly click on things and tank rushing again...and again...and again...hardly falls into strategy for me.

Now Master of Orion 2 ? Fuck, you could win that any number of ways, an awesome game.

You saying turn-based strategy games don't have their own cheap, easy ways of winning? I recall Knight-rushing being a convenient strategy in Civ 2. I think it's just harder to notice the dominant strategies in turn-based games since it takes so damn long to execute any strategy.

That said, I'd probably have to concede that the popularity of RTS has killed a lot of the diversity in the overall strategy genre.

No, not at all. Want to win at MOO2 ? Be the Psilons. I guess I'm saying that I just prefer the more considered pace of properly strategic level turn based games. THanks to RTS there just arent many of them about any more.

I like those type of games as well but RTS games are also really fun. Mainly Blizzard's *craft series and the C&C series. And it's true that RTS games have little to do with strategy as such, more with tactics if anything (yes it's nitpicking but whatever). Supreme Commander is a new RTS game (kind of the spiritual successor to Total Annihilation) which aims to be more of a real RTS where actual strategy is more important and where you deal with much larger scale battles. Despite the fact that I was a huge fan of TA the SC demo did not impress me a huge amount though.

Status
Not open for further replies.