the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it's all over the news doesn't make it look glamorous. And saying it was unpreventable is an assumption. Any number of things could have prevented this from happening for all we know.

By making it MUCH harder to get a gun. You guys should be looking to see what works in other countries.

I wouldn't want laws to be changed because of one incident either, but this one incident among MANY gun related incidents that happen every day in your country. As I said earlier, if this one incident can bring up the issue and get people thinking then I think that's a good thing.

Haha, cheers mate, no bad blood here at all. Obviously I'm coming from a completely different perspective because I live in a country where hardly anyone owns a gun, and it seems insane to me that guns are so prevalent in America and no-one seems interested in doing anything about it. I realise that it's part of your culture over there and nothing is probably going to change very soon. We can agree to disagree and leave it at that if you like.

what works in other countries doesn't always work in the US, IMO.

Well it's got to warm up eventually to balance the recent cold weather. Remember how warm it was in January? That was balanced by the extreme cold in February.

It's been Summer-like here the last couple of days. Took my eldest boy to the beach yesterday (which, in April is awesome as there was no one else there while we built sand castles and practiced throwing the horns and the metal grimace), and we both came back with sun burn.

Mind you, we are both Uber-Gingers.

I love the Doom games. They go good with black metal, at least the levels set in hell with the big demons and pentagrams with Satan's face and everything.
As much as I love FPS, I still can't pass Doom3. It's so damn scary. I had to turn off the sound while playing it and still was pissing my pants on every step I made...

Status
Not open for further replies.