the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I fucking make an excuse for River, you shit sucking Cub fan? At least I consider legitmate reasons as to why things did not go their way insread of blaming a century of failure on a fucking curse like Cub fans. You're so fucking stupid, Dave, for real. One of the many reasons that everyone hates you.

Anyway, I'm not fucking downplaying the feat of four homers in a row, but how can fucking sit there and deny that it would have been MORE impressive if hot off a pitcher with some experience? Jesus Christ, get a fucking clue. The Yankees have played like shit for a number of reasons. Pointing those reasons out is not "making excuses".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: whoa there man, don't get your panties in a bunch over nothing. I was just fucking around with you. :lol:

God, fuck this game. And fuck ESPN, too. Boston-loving shit stains. For real, half their correspondents also write for the Boston globe and two of their baseball play-by-play men are former Red Sox broadcasters.

Nice play by Dustin Pedroia to save the lead. Dice-K wasn't so great (better than Yankee pitching but hey). I can't wait to see how he does when (if) he pitches at Yankee Stadium this weekend,

Well-played series overall for Boston. Very sloppy pitching by the Yankees, as was expected in the second two games. The first game was an example of the Red Sox playing better ball and getting to Mo, plain and simple. The pitching matchups in the second and third games were heavily in Bostons favor (but I suppose that will be the case most of the time with that rotation), so I'm not surprised at how those games ended. Going into Fenway with two rookie starters and a taxed bullpen is never good. I am surprised that the Yankees were able to hit as much as they did and at least keep the games close.

It will be a lot more exciting once the Yankees get their other four starters and Matsui back. Matsuo returns tomorrow, Wang on Tuesday, Mussina later in the week and Pavano in May. Pettitte is Pettite, and Igawa is looking fine, so all in all, it will be a good rotation once it comes together; and when it does, the bullpen will able to get some fucking rest, and they should improve as well; and the hitting is there already.

Of course, none of that changes the fact that the Red Sox were better this weekend. Congrats on the sweep, Sox fans.

edit: Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to reminisce about a certain five game sweep from last season.

Holy fucking shit, you're actually quoting figures that disprove your point. How does the fact that the Yankees sold over 4 million tickets last season prove that "no one watches baseball"? What happened to do that damaged you so horribly? I was also amused by this but in particular:

Now you're just making shit up. The last team to move was the Montreal Expos before the 2005 season, who moves because they were bought by an ownership group in Washington. They had been sucking and not selling tickets for eleven years before that, so there goes your "argument". Teams moves because the owners figure they can sell more tickers else where. Before the Expos, the last team to move was the Seattle Pilots, who had only existed for one year before moving to Milwuakee before the 1970 season. 34 years between moves. And in those 34 years, the league expanded to include six more teams.

Major League Baseball has the highest attendance of any sport in the United States. How you can even begin to argue that Hockey, Basketball or motherfucking MLS draw more fans than MLB is fucking absurd. Oh, and lets not forget that baseball is a rapidly growing international sport. It's huge all over latin America and is growing in East Asia.

The simple fact of the matter is that, in the United States, MLB is far more popular than any other league, except for the NFL.

actually Nascar is the most popular sport in the us you ignorant fuck. And i know the teams that have moved, and my point was that you can look stats up, not that nobody watches. and NOBODY WATCHES. you can't say that i disproved my point because if you looked beyond the yanks/sox/dodgerz/angels you'd see that EVERYONE ELSE IS GOING DOWN. rapidly growing? you're right, because pretty soon nobody will want to play in the us because NOBODY GIVES A FUCK. more people from asia tuned in to watch dice k at 3 am than did in the us, so go blow yourself. MLB is dying, close to dead, and if you even flipped on the tv you'd see that. nobody wants to play, nobody wants to watch.

Four homers in a row is four homers in a row, but it's not like they were hit off Andy Pettite or something. Chase Wright had never pitched above A ball before this season, and had only made two starts in AA this year before the call up. All in all, I blame Wright shitting the bed (as well as the pitching this whole series) on Wil Nieves. This shit (as well as the 8th inning implosion on Friday) would not have happned if Posada was behind the plate.

The Yankees aren't doing as well as I thought they would against Dice-K, but he still hasn't been very good.

Dice-K is a fucking endorsement deal, not a baseball player. He has MEDIOCRE stuff, and that BULLSHIT espn gun says he throws 95. Sorry, 87 actually. he throws breaking pitches on 32 counts because his fastball doesnt move and is absolute meat. and announcers say its because he has "confidence." no, its because he doesnt wana give up a homerun. He sucks, and once hitters stop looking for his changeup"gyroball" he will get fucking shelled. For the love of christ David DeJesus hit a homerun off of him. thats not coincidence, the dude is garbage.

I bought Filsofem in stores as a digi-pack on Feral House Audio, which I believe was the original US release. Latest date I could find on it was 1996.

actually Nascar is the most popular sport in the us you ignorant fuck. And i know the teams that have moved, and my point was that you can look stats up, not that nobody watches. and NOBODY WATCHES. you can't say that i disproved my point because if you looked beyond the yanks/sox/dodgerz/angels you'd see that EVERYONE ELSE IS GOING DOWN. rapidly growing? you're right, because pretty soon nobody will want to play in the us because NOBODY GIVES A FUCK. more people from asia tuned in to watch dice k at 3 am than did in the us, so go blow yourself. MLB is dying, close to dead, and if you even flipped on the tv you'd see that. nobody wants to play, nobody wants to watch.

Everything you said there is wrong. Are you honestly this stupid or are you just trying to be annoying? You're "arguments" are completley baseless and contradict themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.