the love thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Morgan is an idiot.

He's annoying, but in a different way than the other ESPN and FOX broadcasters. All the others guys select a side to root for and gush over one particular player the whole fucking game. But Joe Morgan, man... he just picks some bizarre little detail and yammers on about it the whole game. I once watched him call a Twins games and- I swear to God- he would not shut the fuck up about the fucking turf. THE TURF. And how the turf impacts the game! Another game he talked about nothing but hops. "Now, you see that ball took about two hops, unlike the last ball with only took one hop. Of course, the hitter before that hit a fly ball, so there were no hops... Hops are funny, you see, because OH WAIT YOU JUST KILLED YOURSELF".

He's annoying, but in a different way than the other ESPN and FOX broadcasters. All the others guys select a side to root for and gush over one particular player the whole fucking game. But Joe Morgan, man... he just picks some bizarre little detail and yammers on about it the whole game. I once watched him call a Twins games and- I swear to God- he would not shut the fuck up about the fucking turf. THE TURF. And how the turf impacts the game! Another game he talked about nothing but hops. "Now, you see that ball took about two hops, unlike the last ball with only took one hop. Of course, the hitter before that hit a fly ball, so there were no hops... Hops are funny, you see, because OH WAIT YOU JUST KILLED YOURSELF".
:lol: You're absolutely right! I think last night it was the number of Daisuke's pitches/changeups.

Fuck, anyone watching the Yankee game? Alex Rodriguez is playing like a MACHINE this season. I'm glad to see that he's finally feeling comfortable in a Yankees uniform. The team in general, however...not so hot. They really need to get some relief from the IR and resolve some pitching staff issues.

so lately I have been working out with a couple of big time local high school football players around here and I am wondering if I should go to one of their parties. Is it akward for someone in college to go to a party full of 15-18 year old girls?

and why do jocks get such a bad rep in high school? I was friends with almost all the jocks in high school, they were great (and I am still close with a few of them)

Fuck, anyone watching the Yankee game? Alex Rodriguez is playing like a MACHINE this season. I'm glad to see that he's finally feeling comfortable in a Yankees uniform. The team in general, however...not so hot. They really need to get some relief from the IR and resolve some pitching staff issues.

I watch (very close to) every game, and I must say that he's the only thing that's keeping me from losing my mind this season. Yeah, they start slow every season and I know they will pick it up, but it's still frustrating.

The starting pitching is the source of the problem, and that should rectify itself when Wang and Mussina get back and into form, Igawa learns to pith here and Pavano just fucking dies already and clears the way for Phil Hughes (who is starting Thursday). And of course Pettitte is fine. The Bullpen, I think, is actually very good, despite being awful latley, due to over-use; which is a product of the poor starting pitching. Once they can get some rest and Mo settles in, I bet they will be lights out. The hitting is certainly there and the fielding isn't as horrendous as it was the first week. ANYWAY.. they'll be fine, but I still hate to watch all this losing in April.

So, A-Rod... Alexander The Great, I should say. He needs 22 more homeruns to reach 500 for his career. I so desperatley hope that he chooses to stay. I can't stress enough how much I want him to stay a Yankee for the rest of his career, but with the way he's been treated, I would not blame him if he left. I am now realizing that he is the greatest player I will ever see.

so lately I have been working out with a couple of big time local high school football players around here and I am wondering if I should go to one of their parties. Is it akward for someone in college to go to a party full of 15-18 year old girls?

and why do jocks get such a bad rep in high school? I was friends with almost all the jocks in high school, they were great (and I am still close with a few of them)

How about going to a college party? Oh and getting drunk with underage women always leads to bad things (assuming you're above 18). I'm a jock and we get a bad rep for being cuntbags to rejects (though I don't partake in this activity myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.