The Mars Volta...

I find this band extremely interesting and I nearly killed myself for not having a ticket for their sold out concert when they played in my hometown recently... Hope to see them at the Swedish Hultsfred Festival- I'm really excited already, I believe their kind of music will give me some great moments!!!

I like them, but all the random-noise bullshit they feel inclined to surround the good parts of their songs with keeps me from listening to them often.

I remember Mike had them on his playlist about a year back. They really are a great band. Cicatriz ESP is awesome. Especially between 9:20-11:02.

NineFeetUnderground said:
norther, kalmah, shadows fall, children of bodom, skyfire, symphony x, dimmu borgir, cradle of filth, woods of ypres, nile, orphaned land, into eternity, anything "core", etc ;)
aw, i like...3 of those bands. i'll only count bodom and into eternity as half each cuz i don't take bodom seriously and into eternity's newest album is the only one of theirs that doesn't take it in the ass. haven't heard orphaned land yet. and i'm wearing my nile shirt, listening to woods of ypres :erk:

oh man I had just put on the widow, and then as soon as I minimize my winamp, it reveals this thread....

Ok, thanks a lot to all of you for the replies...glad to know i'm not the only one to like them !! i didn't either know they were that famous coz here, in France, they are pretty underground and even kinda unknown...such a shame..