The Member's Art Thread

Don't let this topic die!

death.jpg

Been quiet busy working on a CD design lately. In the meantime, here's the Grub's EP cover i did for them and that should be released in 1 or 2 weeks.
grub.jpg

hey myrddin, on the left hand side, there is like a book with wors on it or something, fix it cause it doesnt look right with the edges showing etc, maybe soften it or something, but i think its a great piece of work

I made a mistake posting it right after I finished it. You should always give it some time to rest before adding the finishing touch. So I did that now (the image has been updated). I added some more text and removed a rather anoying green in one of the flames. I left the book though :). I wanted it to come of the edge so it looks more like floating page or something. I don't find it irritating. But thanx for the comment anyway.

wingnut4 said:
myrddin what software do u use to create ur models? u know the woman thing u did? what u call it? lol me want it!

I start in Poser 3D (by MetaCreations), wich is a very simple 3D modeling package for Character modeling and animation. It's easy and fast because you don't have to model an entire body yourself, you just use a whole bunch of poser presets to assemble a 'new' character. So you need no experience with 3D software. Of course the bad thing about this is that your character will never look very realistic. There's some tricks that may help but it still won't look good. It's just Poser so you can't compare it to Maya or Houdini or even 3D max.
So next step is to edit your model in photoshop, adding more skintexture, changing colors and even replacing parts of the model with actual pictures. In the end it'll look 'acceptable' enough to use...
Personally I prefer to use this program as a drawing model. I can make a simple pose, add lights and start illustrating (paper and pencil, no digital shit). It saves the trouble of finding a girl that'll pose naked without thinking I'm trying to 'get lucky' :)...

Hope you can use this info :).

CU

Thank You!

This is the first experiment with my first digital camera, entitled Pangall's Kingdom. The idea came after i read a William Golding book: The Spire.