The Member's Art Thread

Originally posted by wingnut4
at least u knew it was a girl some people think im a guy,lol
:eek: thats horrible!

hey Wingnut, i thinking about putting together a website for my art, where are you hosting your stuff besides the cjb. redirectory

I figured this still is 'The Member's Art Thread' so it's
about time I'd post some new artwork.
Here it is. It's called Arise and it looks like this:

arisesmall.jpg

You can see a larger version of it at my website:
www.angelfire.com/wizard2/innuendo/.

CU

hey Hearse

Thales are fuckin brilliant man, keep making great music!!
Myrddin - i love that artwork, did u get someone to model or did u steal the picture, and just one thing..........how the fuck did u create it? lol i envy u guys

I agree with Wingnut, lose the lines and add some noise...
Quite nice though...

Can Arise fly?
Of course she can:
http://www.angelfire.com/mac2/merlijn/crapsite/ariseani.avi
It's about 165 Kb
(if u want better results, download it and make it loop. I know I could/should have made an animated Gif but for some irritating reason that just didn't work...)

Myrddin - i love that artwork, did u get someone to model or did u steal the picture, and just one thing..........how the fuck did u create it? lol i envy u guys

I went to hell and back to find a model for this one and just when I found her, it was too late. :mad:
I'm unemployed, so I don't have a lot of money. So when my scanner broke down I couldn't replace it and I still can't afford a digital camera.
So the only thing I could do was to create my model in 3D, so that's what I did... The rest is just plain old photoshop. I luv that program!

p.s.
don't ever envy anyone! Like nike says: Just do it!:D

I'm very inexperienced and did this just for fun. I'll work on techniques to develop a concept along these lines once I have time. I tried to figure where the shadow would lie for the blade, but couldn't come up with a good way. I put it in, but it basically blended away. I guess it wouldn't have been strong anyway, but I'd like to do more to create depth. Note that the jaggies and such are from jpeg compression, and the original looks, shall we say, "less-low-quality".:D
Please give me any tips you have, though bear in mind this was never intended to be a masterpiece. Just toying with a fiew things.
229533_1750970691629898063_vl.jpg

Edit: Thanks to my wonderful model Tito, I hooked up with him through the google images model agency. (I know I shouldn't steal, but what's a guy to do in the early hours of the morning?)

Originally posted by Myrddin
Cool stuff, both of you!
Hey Mattias,
On the Ayreon website I saw a poster for Star One Live DVD (live on Earth).
Is that (part of) the work we can expect? It looks very nice!

Thank you!
Actually it's not part of the artwork. It IS the artwork :)