The Member's Art Thread

No computer art here, just a regular camera and a pencil
15415.jpg

Some excellent work there, i really like your "Until They All Grow Tired (portraits I)" how u get the scar made? or is it a real scar? i wanna know hwo to do that,lol

Portraits III - its kewl

Fey (Portraits IV) - I really like thsi one as there is alot of feeling in it and alot of emotions, yet sometimes ti feels there is mixed emotions, i love it

I like alot of the rest although thsoe were me fav.......

I added u to my msn by the way...cryanphillippe@hotmail.com

thats mine, so i could talk to art with ya!

Cya

That scar's real, though not mine fortunately...:D
It's actually a cut I made in some butter (I did that twice, once on the forehead and once on the right eye).
Of course I had to edit it a lot in photoshop (it probably would have been easier to realy cut myself :D ).
I just f*cked-up my whole face then with a lot of texture and colors. I even pasted bits and pieces from a painting of mine in it.

The idea to do some selfportraits came to me some two years ago but I didn't start until I felt depressed enough. By then I somehow enjoyed cutting up my face. Yeah, things you do to get some results (;) )...

By the way, I don't have msn, I use mac and mac's msn is a real bitch.

By the way... In a more recent image portrait VIII (wich is 'The Fool', the first one in a series of tarotcards I'm doing now) I used a more recent scar.
A friend of mine got involved in a fight and some bloke hit him in the face with a broken bottle... Yeah these things do happen:( .
So he had to have his lower lip stitched. I don't know why, but I like scars so I made a picture of it (yes, he thought it was a rather strange thing to do too :D ). So once again, the things you do to get some results, it's amazing :D .
Anyway, I used it in this piece:

stitch.jpg

p.s.
He's alright now, just a bit more ugly :D ...

p.p.s.
I do have to stop using these smilies! It's a f*ck*ng addiction!!!:mad: Oeps, did it again, damn!

Did you happen to notice no-one else is visiting this thread anymore?
Seems like The Member's Art Thread has transformed itself into The Two Members Talking About Looks Thread.
Well, I suppose stranger things have happened...

nope its just that im deep in a project wich excites me a lot heh
but i give a look sometimes as u can see...
by the way..im actually seeking some cool barbwire pictures...anyone can help?
does anyone here is also into movies covers?? i mean there's some good stuff going on in that design field too..

Barbwire? I think you're in trouble, I've been looking for some decent barbwire pictures for ages but it seems impossible to find any...

And there are indeed some very nice movie designs out there.
Have you seen Resident Evil? I haven't seen the movie (yet) but the artwork is pretty cool and they have this freaky website www.sonypictures.com/movies/residentevil

p.s.
I just took a good look at your sites (Hybreed & Silent Idols), that's some great stuff you got there man!