The most overestimated, appreciated song from Opeth is.....

Eh, Where did my posts go in this thread.

I think I said most things from orchid and Morningrise

The Drapery Falls + Harvest

These songs are good, but I haven't really ever seen in them what everyone else does. Prob because they are not nearly as good as anything off of MAYH or Still Life...

artnoir said:
About Demon of the Fall. The firstst 4 minutes are pure bliss but then it dissapeears to nowhere, so it's hard to say...they messed up the song. It could have been so good...
Whatr are you talking about. The end to DOTF is pure bliss :kickass:

IamReptar said:
Demon of the Fall isn't bad(especially the ending). Thing is, it's really only great during the heavy part...and that's live. Rarely do I listen to the album version but live it sounds like the gates to hell have opened.

I am going to have say Demon of the Fall is very overrated IMO. this song never clicked with me. who knows, maybe someday it will...

Dalkaen said:
I've never really understood why Demon of the Fall was one of Opeth's hits either, really. It never struck me as much as.. pretty much any other song on MAYH.

I'd listen to drapery falls over demon of the fall any day.
\

i think tgc is a fantastic song, and i dont understand why alot of people hate it so much, even though the video was a terrible mistake. but they really shouldnt play it on stage...especially the intro sounds so stupid live

in_absentia said:
the whole song just sounds stupid live. well, no it doesnt but. i mean it was composed by opeth.. so it IS good... but their worst

i dont like the song at all, but i feel it shows some signs of hope when played live.

Nectar of the Gods said:
i'd definently say Deliverance...
orchid doesnt get nearly enough praise
among the modern opeth fans, aka the fucking emo ones who got horney over the grand conjuration, none of opeth's albums previous to still life recieve enough praise.

being from the opposite end of the spectrum, i adore those elderly albums. to be honest, i didnt care for deliverance much. a fair judgement was orgasmic and wreath was good but i personally disliked the rest. by the pain i see in others was something akin to a production disaster. it has so much potential. but why, WHY, layer in distorted black metal howls over a light jazzy strumming guitar? and why have 3 minutes of absolute silence at the end before the backwards singing?

oh well. ghost reveries is a step forward.