The most underestimated, unappreciated song from Opeth is.....

FRUGiHOYi said:
The Grand Conjuration. Stop hating on the centerpiece (read: not saying it's necessarily the best song) of Ghost Reveries. This is a killer, brutal, evil track with an awesome melody and atmosphere.

i guess hating on it is the "cool" thing to do :lol: tools.

I like the song myself!

Being new to this forum and also a relatively new Opeth fan, I have seen enough to know that I will probably get bashed for this.

I really like The Grand Conjuration.....from 5.26 to 7.00 sends shivers down my spine.

BTPISIO and DFN also.

s2kdreamz said:
Being new to this forum and also a relatively new Opeth fan, I have seen enough to know that I will probably get bashed for this.

I really like The Grand Conjuration.....from 5.26 to 7.00 sends shivers down my spine.

BTPISIO and DFN also.

I agree with you. TGC is fantastic.
*turns it up right now* :headbang:

The Grand Conjuration? The centerpiece huh?

I was always under this impression

Movement 1
Ghost of Perdition
Baying of the Hounds
Beneath the Mire (works as a transition too, sets up the rest of the album, fucking phenominal song) :headbang:
Movement 2
Attonement
Reverie
Harlequin Forrest
Movement 3
Hours of Wealth
The Grand Conjuration
Isolation Years

I wouldn't say centerpiece, but escalating climax. Good time for my TGC judgement. I liked the song when I first heard it ( it was actually the first Opeth song I ever heard) the songs that nestle it make it far better than what it's worth, and in that context make it a good listen.

By itself........... a pretty brooding, bleak, metal song.

FloyD ThraSh3r said:
The Grand Conjuration? The centerpiece huh?

I was always under this impression

Movement 1
Ghost of Perdition
Baying of the Hounds
Beneath the Mire (works as a transition too, sets up the rest of the album, fucking phenominal song) :headbang:
Movement 2
Attonement
Reverie
Harlequin Forrest
Movement 3
Hours of Wealth
The Grand Conjuration
Isolation Years

I wouldn't say centerpiece, but escalating climax. Good time for my TGC judgement. I liked the song when I first heard it ( it was actually the first Opeth song I ever heard) the songs that nestle it make it far better than what it's worth, and in that context make it a good listen.

By itself........... a pretty brooding, bleak, metal song.
I think it's a really good song by itself, but I agree it is made better by the songs that nestle it.

BTPISIO is definitely highly underrated. It's my favorite on Deliverance.

Alot of Opeth songs are underrated because they are overshadowed by so many awesome others. No song on Ghost Reveries is Under rated except maybe Isolation Years.

My list of underrateds:

UNDER THE WEEPING MOON
FOREST OF OCTOBER
DIRGE FOR NOVEMBER
THE MOOR
THE NIGHT AND THE SILENT WATER

The first two are underrated mostly because they are off the first record and alot of Opeth fans dont find out about that until later. (Not me Forest of October was my first Opeth song)

The Dirge is underrated simply because it is surrounded with phenomenal tunes on the BWP album and alot of people think the intro is weird and skip it over.

The Moor might proove contreversial in this topic, but I think it is very underrated. The Moor is such a masterpiece I would actually reccomend it to someone as the first "real" Opeth song they should hear. (By real I mean not Damnation) The Moor is a fantastic menagerie of moods and riffs but alot of people overlook it and see it inferior to the likes of say "Drapery" or "When".

TNATSW as some people already mentioned for obvious reasons, this song is overlooked by alot of people and I dont know why, maybe because people get bored of the Morningrise bad production and after 13 and 1/2 minutes of Advent it wears on them.

Keihule said:
Alot of Opeth songs are underrated because they are overshadowed by so many awesome others. No song on Ghost Reveries is Under rated except maybe Isolation Years.

My list of underrateds:

UNDER THE WEEPING MOON
FOREST OF OCTOBER
DIRGE FOR NOVEMBER
THE MOOR
THE NIGHT AND THE SILENT WATER

The first two are underrated mostly because they are off the first record and alot of Opeth fans dont find out about that until later. (Not me Forest of October was my first Opeth song)

The Dirge is underrated simply because it is surrounded with phenomenal tunes on the BWP album and alot of people think the intro is weird and skip it over.

The Moor might proove contreversial in this topic, but I think it is very underrated. The Moor is such a masterpiece I would actually reccomend it to someone as the first "real" Opeth song they should hear. (By real I mean not Damnation) The Moor is a fantastic menagerie of moods and riffs but alot of people overlook it and see it inferior to the likes of say "Drapery" or "When".

TNATSW as some people already mentioned for obvious reasons, this song is overlooked by alot of people and I dont know why, maybe because people get bored of the Morningrise bad production and after 13 and 1/2 minutes of Advent it wears on them.

The Moor and Forest of October underrated? Are you mad man? People slob those songs' knobs.

MasterOLightning said:
Just about anything from Orchid.

That is the only correct anser. I also have to agree with BurningSky on TNATSW it´s a really grate song.

Folklorist said:
That is the only correct anser. I also have to agree with BurningSky on TNATSW it´s a really grate song.

agreed. i've always been satisfied with TNATSW.

lol at The Moor. It has been voted the number one track numerous times