The most underrated porg metal musician.

Who deserves more recognition?

• Total voters
Silent Song said:
6DOit rambles more than any other album they've done. SFAM is imo a lot better.

Ouch, if it rambles worse than Scenes I think I'd better not blow $26 on it.

don't get me wrong. it has some great songs on it.

"Blind Faith"
"Solitary Shell"
"Misunderstood"
"Great Debate"
"Disappear"

the problem lies in the Overtures and Intros and such, which i think would have been better left out and the album being dropped to 1 disc. i think its great, but i have to skip the long instrumental wankery.

Metropolis Part 2 said:
@Liquid Shadow- I think Falling Into Infinity does not receive the credit it does. Its a very good release, even though its not very technical or "commercial". Hey, its still better than 99 percent of the crap on TV these days.... And How can you fucking bash the song "Hell's Kitchen".... You just can't. I love that album and so far about every one of Dream Theater's releases. Every one album has its differences and variations

Dude...read my post again. I was sticking up for the album.

I would think Stephan Forte' should be on this list...Devin Townsends music is so vast that I am glad he has a few different projects because I like His Oceans/Vai/Devin Townsend band stuff but i think Stapping young lad is total Noisey garbage and does nothing for me but give me a headache. But mark Zonder is an excellent addition to the music community he is an ace in many ways...AT WAR WITH SELF...check it out he plays some really great drums....and i usually hate drummers they either over kill songs (portnoy) or under play songs (casey grillo) From Kamelot..even if he does play Buddy Rich in the movie about Buddy Rich his drumming is still sub-par and hold the band back. So there is Ying/yang.... o_O

A guy I never hear mentioned is Ice Age guitarist 'Jimmy Pappas', his solo's are awe inspiring to me. Possibly also Andreas Lill of Vanden Plas to go with the magnificance of Gunter Werno

Raffael Bittencourt - If the prog police let us class angra progressive
Dirk Bruinenberg - superior to Portnoy

But yes the award should go to Kevin Moore, his keys on Images and Words on songs like Learning to Live are better than anything they've done since.

samallica said:
We are Porg. Resistance is futile.

sorry for the bad trek-joke, just couldn't resist......
actually..... if we resist progress then we stagnate. so cheers for the Porg! Assimilate all!

i've been thinking, and i know he gets a ton of praise, but:
Dan Swanö.

because everyone loves his work with death metal, but from a prog standpoint, the guy has done some amazing stuff that gets overlooked. he's also a really down-to-earth guy, modest and real.