The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Falkenbach - Time Between Dog And Wolf

Apart from being one of the most embarassing songtitles I've ever seen - the music itself hasn't exactly blossomed into something good since the last time I listened to it.
I guess it's back to "Jordpuls" for me...

Malevolentia - Ex-Oblivion (2011) -> French Standard Black Metal. Not bad... but nothing new.

301697.jpg

Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones. Heavy, crushing, evil, atmospheric... I even like this more than CF' Monotheist.

that's because they are not atmospheric. i think their songs are "raw, long and pretty tedious". Besides, i don't think i can endure Primordial's vocals for longer than 2 songs.

The music ifself from the latest albums is very good IMO (even if the riffage is VERY Kampfar-ish, TGW and TND sounds fine to me), but the vocals are really painful to hear. The guy tries SO HARD to sing like Quorthon and be emotional that is laughable (he even sings on a Bathory tribute band), his voice is shaky and goes out of tune more than any decent singer should (there's no way of denying this, even on their dvd he goes off key too many times to count them).

Yeah, but you know what? For some reason I love the guy anyway. Very rarely do I like vocalists who sort of go out of tune, but he does it in the most excellent and metal of ways. ;)

All you haters are made of crazy.

@Elvina: I dunno, I find them to be far more entertaining than most 'atmospheric' bands. They rank up there with Moonsorrow as one of the few bands that can actually create long, repetitive songs that lock me in.

Vintersorg: Klippor och skär

I'M SO into this song!!!!

En utblick genom världens skiftingsfönster
Där alger och lavar skapat mönster
På soluppvärmda hällar
I vårens ljusa kvällar
Då varje älvmynning spolar dess väsen
En urtidskarta porträtterad
Där varje bränning blir konfronterad
Av magra landtungor
Och stormars friska lungor
Som sjunger om evolutionspjäsen

So catchy!

:kickass::kickass::headbang::headbang:

Still intrigued about the skiftings too!!!

^ One of my favorite albums so far this year.

^ I didn't even know they were putting out a new album this year, pretty good song.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Should listen to WT, and will listen to Dalriada.

After listening to Revamp…*I really want to cut me balls. What a disappointment! I'm listening to some real goth metal now, thank you:

Tristania: Aphelion

Wan circling skies
secretes... silvering sorrow
Precious to me Aphelion
Thou are the fields where we wither still
Exhaust in thy waning world
My Aphelion
on a broken mirror
where the veils of night and day seems as one
May thy lids gather again
on a vast and frail crusade
Invigoration of pain pervation this time