The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

i'd say narrow-minded. If not to say plain silly. I mean the comment, i didn't listen to the song. Scandinavians are just jealous.

Jealous!? Of what if I might ask?
I just said that I don't like the german language in music, that's all. I didn't mean to offend anyone, as I clearly wrote.
I really don't understand what you mean by saying "narrow-minded", "silly" and "jealous". Or perhaps you weren't talking to me?

I think it's crap because it is sung in German.
just look at that sentence. Don't you get it? maybe it's not what you meant and you had an entire context in your head, but you didn't elaborate and i didn't bother to listen to the song it actually was written about.
Would you understand better if i'd say "Jordpuls is crap because it's sung in Swedish"? I'm not nearly as offended by your comment as you probably would have been if somebody said that. I'm not even german and don't have any german friends either.

Jealous!? Of what if I might ask?
I just said that I don't like the german language in music, that's all. I didn't mean to offend anyone, as I clearly wrote.
I really don't understand what you mean by saying "narrow-minded", "silly" and "jealous". Or perhaps you weren't talking to me?
Jealous because germans happen to have a very rich folk scene competing with scandinavian which might be offending to the scandinavians, i dunno really. I am sorry to generalize again, i have been scorned for doing that by AMG already, but i just can't help but wonder why is it that scandinavians so often dislike german sung music and even ridicule germans for (trying to) sing in old norse (i know that *you* didn't do the latter). It just seems strange to me and as i have encountered this phenomenon quite often i cannot help but wonder. And Agah agreed with you right there, too.

Silly and narrow minded, because you didn't elaborate and i could make my own conclusions. Sorry i forgot to add "I didn't mean to offend anyone". It really sounds like you are not able to appreciate some truly great music only because it is sung in german. If this is true then i think it's sad. Like i think it's sad that some people are not able to appreciate Vintersorg albums/tracks sung in swedish.

I'd like to say that I'm not a huge fan of sung German in rock and folk music, but I really like it in the context of Laibach and Rammstein. I dunno why, I just don't like the sound so much. On the other hand, I have trouble imagining Swedish sounding good in industrial music, but it's beautiful when sung in folk.

Also, why does no one sing metal in French, I ask you!

I have a confession to make. I don't like the new Primordial record. *sob*

No, you're right, I don't really consider them to be terribly metal. Though I enjoyed both a bit here and there, neither were really my cup o' tea. Still, hard to argue with things that remind you of the Cure. ;) Still, what about death metal in French? Or Greek?

As to Primordial: cause I'm BORED. I know, it's horrible to say, but it's TRUE. I'm really, really bored. I went back and listened to their old stuff and I still love all of this, but this new Primordial record is boring me to tears! I can't figure it out!!

Actually, as of now, Moonsorrow is the only follow up record I've liked this year. The new Amorphis has been really hard to get into as well, though it's starting to grow on me. It's like all of these big named bands that I love are putting out a record that I just simply don't like as well as their last one. I'm wondering what's going on, maybe my expectations are too high? The new Amon Amarth? *Yawn* (Though their last one wasn't great). New Septic Flesh? Ok, but not nearly as good as Communion. The new Amorphis is great, but it doesn't click for me like Skyforger and the previous discs did. I dunno, I'm a little worried.

But Samael - Lux Mundi is excellent!

Heard new Amorphis? Do you receive promos because you review profesionally?

It's always a problem when bands can't hold the same standard everytime a new album comes out and also that it doesn't sound like a repetition.

I've just dug out of my collection: Raventhrone - "Crepuscule" ("Malice In Wonderland" album)
Sounds like French, lyrics in booklet look like French, but, kill me, if the vocals have something to do with the lyrics in the booklet...

French and danish are clearly not metal languages as they are soft! Bring me the harsh tone of finnish and german and I'll consider the band. Hehe.

I'd like to say that I'm not a huge fan of sung German in rock and folk music, but I really like it in the context of Laibach and Rammstein. I dunno why, I just don't like the sound so much. On the other hand, I have trouble imagining Swedish sounding good in industrial music, but it's beautiful when sung in folk.

I have a confession to make. I don't like the new Primordial record. *sob*

Laibach is brilliant, love them. (R+ too, obviously.) Have you heard Menhir? Great German Folk. Dornenreich?

In French: Alcest? They're brilliant, Écailles de Lune is a masterpiece. More French? ELEND. "A World in Their Screams" was the best record in 2007, even better than Fiction.

NP: Samael - Lux Mundi — Oh! This is good!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: Can't waiiiiiiiit!!!!

No, you're right, I don't really consider them to be terribly metal. Though I enjoyed both a bit here and there, neither were really my cup o' tea. Still, hard to argue with things that remind you of the Cure. ;) Still, what about death metal in French? Or Greek?

As to Primordial: cause I'm BORED. I know, it's horrible to say, but it's TRUE. I'm really, really bored. I went back and listened to their old stuff and I still love all of this, but this new Primordial record is boring me to tears! I can't figure it out!!

Actually, as of now, Moonsorrow is the only follow up record I've liked this year. The new Amorphis has been really hard to get into as well, though it's starting to grow on me. It's like all of these big named bands that I love are putting out a record that I just simply don't like as well as their last one. I'm wondering what's going on, maybe my expectations are too high? The new Amon Amarth? *Yawn* (Though their last one wasn't great). New Septic Flesh? Ok, but not nearly as good as Communion. The new Amorphis is great, but it doesn't click for me like Skyforger and the previous discs did. I dunno, I'm a little worried.

But Samael - Lux Mundi is excellent!

I guess you forgot to mention Vintersorg :lol:.

Yeah, worried about new Amorphis. As I said before, the song that was released is really boring; doesn't really click as quickly as the previous albums, quite disappointed to be honest. Is it really necessary to release an album every two years?