The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

Insomnium // Across the Dark
now i'll probably like anything melodic death, but this is simply beautiful! :eek: A perfect blend of melancholy and anger. I can't believe i didn't listen to this more often... :ill: and now i'm even reconsidering my top 10 of 2009! I love this album, from the first track on it gets only better and better :headbang:

Insomnium // Across the Dark
now i'll probably like anything melodic death, but this is simply beautiful! :eek: A perfect blend of melancholy and anger. I can't believe i didn't listen to this more often... :ill: and now i'm even reconsidering my top 10 of 2009! I love this album, from the first track on it gets only better and better :headbang:

I though Be'lakor's record was better. Insomnium was good, but it just sounded so... done before. I think melodic death needs a rest until someone does it new and better.

Hypocrisy // A Taste of Extreme Divinity — This was a good album.

I though Be'lakor's record was better. Insomnium was good, but it just sounded so... done before. I think melodic death needs a rest until someone does it new and better.

Hypocrisy // A Taste of Extreme Divinity — This was a good album.

Totally agreed about Insomnium. I was told it was really great but it's nothing new at all. I'm not so sure but after At The Gates released Slaughter of The Soul, melodeath became very simple and monotonous, even DT is making very simple songs, like radio hits or MTV-oriented songwriting (like Archenemy, band that I truly hate since Angela joined and In Flames that now they are like a Korn clone or something). The latest Hypocrisy album is what I was searching for new melodic death. Brutal-tech death metal has spawned some good bands lately. I always dance with Benighted (hahaha) and Be'lakor is really good.

Listening Opeth - Benighted. Never been an Opeth fan but this song is really good (even if the 1st minute was totally stolen to Camel :rofl:).

uneXpect: Song from the new album that only Defiance has heard.

I am so happy, I actually got to listen to two new uneXpect songs from the upcoming album. No one, besides the band and close friends have heard them. I am so lucky.

Just so you know, the new album will be brilliant. The songs felt like a natural progression from IFA, but a lot more "relaxed" and fresh. For example, as Syriak told me, there were parts that the band really liked, so they decided to stick with them more and not make so abrupt a changes very often. But believe me, those two songs were crazy as hell. One of them (apparently the closing one) made me cry, it was beautiful and (for me) very emotive. You have no idea what's coming (and neither do I since I only listened to two songs hehe :p ). Oh and I can't write the names because Syriak didn't let me :) .

Bye!

4302955420_f863a21f5a.jpg

( I look so gay in this pic hehehe.)

4302955416_0ccc8bb5cf.jpg

so what if it's nothing new, it's still very beautiful. I couldn't care less if those bands are total clones of each other, as long as they all make music that makes me go wow.
Besides, i don't know the bands you guys mentioned. If you mean Dark Tranquility by DT, i've only heard Fiction, Skydancer and Of Chaos and Eternal Night of theirs, and was totally unimpressed. In fact i wasn't even compelled to listen to them another time, maybe i should, dunno. Just don't get what all the fuss is about. :rolleyes:
Insomnium // Across the Dark is anything but monotonous and simple. If it bores you because you heard it all 100 times before elsewhere, ok good reason i guess, but this is not my case. It sounds atmospheric and hauting to me.

Now listening to Týr // Eric the Red // The Edge - best song of theirs!! ♥♥♥ gives me chills every time :headbang:

so what if it's nothing new, it's still very beautiful. I couldn't care less if those bands are total clones of each other, as long as they all make music that makes me go wow.

Besides, i don't know the bands you guys mentioned. If you mean Dark Tranquility by DT, i've only heard Fiction, Skydancer and Of Chaos and Eternal Night of theirs, and was totally unimpressed. In fact i wasn't even compelled to listen to them another time, maybe i should, dunno. Just don't get what all the fuss is about. :rolleyes:

Insomnium //
Across the Dark is anything but monotonous and simple. If it bores you because you heard it all 100 times before elsewhere, ok good reason i guess, but this is not my case. It sounds atmospheric and hauting to me.

Now listening to Týr // Eric the Red // The Edge - best song of theirs!! ♥♥♥ gives me chills every time :headbang:
I was just expressing why it didn't do anything for me. I know a lot of people got very excited about it, but I just couldn't. I listened to it probably 10 times and haven't touched it since. It was a shame, frankly. It was definitely beautiful, it had great melodies on it and stuff.. it just didn't do much for me.

On the other hand I am listening to Orphaned Land // The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR again. Reading the lyrics on the website.. and I just did an interview with Kobi (the vocalist). This is one of the best albums I've ever listened to in my life. I haven't personally been this into an album in years.

I was just expressing why it didn't do anything for me. I know a lot of people got very excited about it, but I just couldn't. I listened to it probably 10 times and haven't touched it since. It was a shame, frankly. It was definitely beautiful, it had great melodies on it and stuff.. it just didn't do much for me.

On the other hand I am listening to Orphaned Land // The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR again. Reading the lyrics on the website.. and I just did an interview with Kobi (the vocalist). This is one of the best albums I've ever listened to in my life. I haven't personally been this into an album in years.

That's great, I can't wait to listen to it!

Dark Tranquillity: The Fatalist

It's an OK song, I think that this album will take at least 4 or 5 listens so that one can really like it.

So no one likes uneXpect here? :( My comments were totally ignored :cry: .

I just heard it. It's great, varied effortful and sophisticated. Mabool was awesome. this might be similar. Album of the year in all likelihood. Anyway, cool site you have and a good review of OL.

haven't heard it but your excitement makes me wonder :)

Ásmegin - Over Ægirs Vidstragte Sletter

Why oh why, couldn't they've kept this style instead of the boring "Arv"? Perhaps the worst follow-up to one of the greatest debuts ever...:cry:

I also have their debut album. Only bought it because Lars sings on a few songs :)

np:
Sunn O))) - Big Church
Monoliths & Dimension (2009)

One final listen before I hit the road to go see them in Paradiso, Amsterdam :D
ticket: check!
earplugs: check!
grimmrobe: crap, not check.. :( Regular plain black longsleeve then.

@Defiance: I love Unexpect, I think they're super talented and crazy and I'm looking forward to the new record. Also, the dude that you posted with looks a lot like Jesper from In Flames.

Haha kind of, but not really IMO.

Well, if you want I can write some comments and you can post them in your blog if you want to, since it seems to be fairly popular. Is it?