The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

NP: Demiurg // Slakthus Gamleby

Send it along, I'd love to hear your stuff.

I'm waiting until I have monitors right now. I've been laying down some tracks but I'm still not sure about the drum sound or the guitar tone. I'm getting it worked out, but I've been dealing with some pretty annoying stuff and then my parents came to visit for the first time, so I've just been busy as hell.

Yeah, I fell off the map a bit... :(

I'll do it soon ;). This week has been really weird and delayed some of my plans. This weekend will be mostly to record stuff.

I tried to check the guitar tone with good headphones and it works fine. What I've finally set up was the bass tone. Since it's fretless, it's harder to get a decent tone (unless you have a very good instrument) but I did it.

Np: Saturnus - Pretend

Bass kicks so much ass, I can't get enough of it. Really fun to play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6nJmf7kHy8

Fuck, that bass part is amazing. Really great. The rest of the song is kinda hit or miss for me, (the vocalist.. is a little anonymous).. but fuck is that bass AMAZING.

@Altered: don't know what to say about it. I mean, it's really fucking sporadic actually. The songwriting has really gone down a notch, but I haven't heard the whole thing yet.

Gloria Morti // Anthems of Annihilation — This is pretty fucking badass actually.

@Nd: Sean malone at his best. It's ridiculously amazing when you give him time to compose the basslines (not like Cynic's traced)

@Altered/Nd: where did you get the album? I would like to hear if there's some improvement or if it's the same shit, without Vortex and Mustis.

np:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Nd: Sean malone at his best. It's ridiculously amazing when you give him time to compose the basslines (not like Cynic's traced)

@Altered/Nd: where did you get the album? I would like to hear if there's some improvement or if it's the same shit, without Vortex and Mustis

I got it as a promo and can't share for obvious reasons.

And yeah, that was pretty impressive.

NP: Track 1 from the EP with the "programmed" bass line.

Playing:

I'll live as guest for an AIC cover band at a benefit event. I need to (re)learn 15 tracks, including some stuff from the new album. In fact, I'll play live with 3 bands in a row this saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWkIpbVabNM

I'll live as guest for an AIC cover band at a benefit event. I need to (re)learn 15 tracks, including some stuff from the new album. In fact, I'll play live with 3 bands in a row this saturday.

^ ¡Suerte! Kind of reminds me of this gig that had three bands, but one guy played in two, so he could never rest hehe. I think it was Cynic but I'm not sure.