Murderer, you have returned
to create fear and sorrow
Death and terror rules the land
we have been spellbounded
By the Devil

Elend: Nocturne

"Lost in a dream...
Drowning in the eyes
Of a statue who dreamt a little dream of me...
Incipiunt hic tenebrarum lectiones secundae,
Cum Lucifer receptaculum noctis evasus,
Demergitur in undis somniorum suorum...
...Quem statua observat.
But here there is no light".

Samael - Eternal (1999)

My favourite Samael's album... Please don't crucify me... :lol:

No need for crucifixition, easily my favourite with them as well. Though "Passage" has it's moments - "Eternal" is actually a rare gem in the Samael discography IMO. Strong songs throughout the entire album.

NP: Ghost - Opus Eponymous

Atheist-Jupiter

Lack of bass irritates my proggy side. Darn you tony choy and your obsession with latin jazz!

(and by the way, hello people. Ignore the post count, that was years ago. Consider me as the new guy around here.)

Samael - Eternal (1999)

My favourite Samael's album... Please don't crucify me... :lol:

Haha actually I think most people around here are into the electronic + metal genre, so no problemo compañero. I don't think Eternal is my favourite, maybe it's in 2nd place for me, but I'll always think Solar Soul is perfect. Above is brilliant too, who'd expect that after all these years? But yeah, Eternal is excellent, I've the very nice LP version.

^ I like Post Rock a lot too, like Godspeed You Black Emperor. Any other bands you recommend? Not really my area of expertise to be honest.

Explosions in the Sky: Welcome Ghosts (Adem Remix)

You've my deepest gratitude, I'd forgotten how much Post Rock helps me relax.

Speaking of Samael, I just have had a quick browse through their entire discography last night + this morning. Here's what I have to say:

"Eternal" is a very good and different album all around and really feels as their most worked-through album of them all.
"Passage" is not far behind though. But it feels as if they tried a bit too much on this one. Some songs are completley forgettable here.
"Ceremony Of Opposites" just doesen't do it for me, even though there are 2 or 3 songs that are ok here.
"Reign Of Light" has "On Earth" which is one of their greatest songs ever. The rest, along with the rest of their discography, is utter crap though.
And for the record, their latest release "Above" might have been one of the most boring albums I have ever heard. It was basicly 10 songs sounding exactly the same.
I just needed to get this off my chest :D

NP: Samael - Solar Soul (and really disliking it)

Speaking of Samael, I just have had a quick browse through their entire discography last night + this morning. Here's what I have to say:

"Eternal" is a very good and different album all around and really feels as their most worked-through album of them all.
"Passage" is not far behind though. But it feels as if they tried a bit too much on this one. Some songs are completley forgettable here.
"Ceremony Of Opposites" just doesen't do it for me, even though there are 2 or 3 songs that are ok here.
"Reign Of Light" has "On Earth" which is one of their greatest songs ever. The rest, along with the rest of their discography, is utter crap though.
And for the record, their latest release "Above" might have been one of the most boring albums I have ever heard. It was basicly 10 songs sounding exactly the same.
I just needed to get this off my chest :D

NP: Samael - Solar Soul (and really disliking it)

Very good sinthesys Draugen...hehehehe. I'm agree with you, except perhaps, with "Ceremony of Opposites". I think that is a nice album. But last releases, as we say here, are able to bore to the dead!!

NP: Fleurety - Min Tid Skal Komme 1995 (Strong release. Very good mix between avantgarde and extreme metal)

^ I like Post Rock a lot too, like Godspeed You Black Emperor. Any other bands you recommend? Not really my area of expertise to be honest.

Explosions in the Sky: Welcome Ghosts (Adem Remix)

You've my deepest gratitude, I'd forgotten how much Post Rock helps me relax.

Why, thank you.

You should try Yndi Halda, Daturah and pg.lost. Actually, there are gazillions of post-rock bands out there. Not all of them are good but most of them deserve some listens.

Check this link out. This should help you discover new stuff.

Markus's grims on this album are just incredible.

I was listening some old Samael a couple days ago, totally kick ass material! but from the new ones, Above is great too :p

Last edited by a moderator: