The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

I doubt it has a meaning. It's like something Charles Manson would say. "Rabbeldabbeldoolie" or whatever.

Ok thanks! Hahaha WTF is up with the crazy monkey/Star Wars screams that start around 1:23? Remind me of these guys:

star_wars_ewoks.jpg

Wot a rat dat did ya dat
Wid a shot rite at de pot
Dat is not de spot to hit
If rat ain't set for a rat-a-tat

Wip de rat wid wot u got
A cat to rip de gut of rat
A bot for tit n bot for tat
Ri tit tit ri tit tit tit

At it get it hit it cut it
But me tut n tut no buts

Bat a rat o bot of tat
Dat is wot a rat shud get

Rat is wet wid u-know-wot
Rat a tat a rat a tat
Tit for tat a bit of dat
A rat a tat a rat tat tat

Wid a slit way up de butt
Rat can't shit nor sit on it
Tit for tat a bit of dat
A rat a tat a rat tat tat

Tut tut tit tat tut tut tit tat
Bit it hit it tit it tat it
Tit for tat a bit of dat
Bit by bit de rat is not

Dat is it dat is wit
But lit crit it is not
Dat was dat as tit for tat
Tit tut tat tit tut​

:lol: seriously, what the bloody hell? :lol: Only Solefald can think of such crazy shit like this.

I still can't find the chorus, though.

Solefald - Norrøn Livskunst
I just transcribed and uploaded the lyrics to the Metal Archives . Check it out, sing along, correct the stuff I fucked up.

Took you too long! Nah, thanks a lot for uploading! :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q_delfo6gw

I proclaim thee as the best album of the year so far!

Agreed! And the lyrics, damn those are funny lyrics hahaha.

Stridsljod (Blackabilly)
One two three
Blackabilly me
Four five six
Burning kicks
Seven eight nine
I want mine
Ten to one
Let's get it on

Rockabilly mockabilly
Blackabilly burnin'
Fuckabilly muckabilly
Whackabilly churnin'
Cockabilly kickabilly
Trickabilly streamin'
Ticabilly tocabilly
Clockabilly screamin'

Me gav ljod til striden
for å syne kva fred var
No hev kampen breidt seg
støyen vorte sann

Ein tvo tri
Det er tidi
Fire fem seks
Ta meg heks
Sju åtte ni
I Svinesti
Ti elleve tolv
men utan vold

Blackabilly blackabully
Blackabuddy loomin'
Blackabody blackaboarding
Blackaballing boomin'
Blackafuzzing blackabuzzing
Blackajazzing freezin'
Blackamunchy blackacrunchy
Blackawhacky wheezin'

Me spelar svart metall
men lèt ingen smaka stål
Me gjev all makt til klangen
men spiller ikkje blod

Difor ser me attende
mot uskulds fornalder
då stridslyst styrde alt
men ingen døydde i kamp

Chilihead chilihead
Hey chilihead
Why choose autumn
When spring is an option?

Heacy head heavy head
Hey heavy head
Here's a chili bomb
For your blackabilly self

Rockabilly mockabilly
Blackabilly King
Fuckabilly muckabilly
Whackabilly King

Chilihead chilihead
Hey chilihead
Cheer up with colours
Red hot fur

Beerhead beerhead
Blackabilly King
But if you pray
Winter will come

Rockabilly mockabilly
Blackabilly Voguesville
Fuckabilly muckabilly
Whackabilly Voguesville

Upp i otta må han rise
som rikdom vil taka
Upp for sine meiningar
slik må skalden stande

Til deg som vil i ljodkrig
Lat nåden liggje heime
Gakk berserk på valen
so kvart steg vert ein siger

Me spelar for å vinne
i strid med solarljod
Me spelar svart metall
men spiller ikkje blod

Agreed! And the lyrics, damn those are funny lyrics hahaha.

Stridsljod (Blackabilly)
LOADS OF LYRICS
:lol:
Alright, after that song + those lyrics I have to look this album up. I've only heard "Mont Blanc Providence Crow" (the song) before and I've always thought of the band to be kinda "meh".
But I will buy the hype that all of you have built up the last couple of weeks now and really give the entire album a solid chance. To be continued...:err:

I proclaim thee as the best album of the year so far!

I don't know if I like it as well as I like the new Orphaned Land, but it's definitely in my top 3. Also, the new Agalloch sounds great [streaming on National Public Radio in the USA] and the new Death Spell Omega is also awesome. A couple of goodies at the end of the year.

NP: Agalloch // Marrow of the Spirit

I don't know if I like it as well as I like the new Orphaned Land, but it's definitely in my top 3. Also, the new Agalloch sounds great [streaming on National Public Radio in the USA] and the new Death Spell Omega is also awesome. A couple of goodies at the end of the year.

NP: Agalloch // Marrow of the Spirit

Now that you mention it; I really can't decide between new Agalloch and Solefald. Not that it matters or anything, since both albums are perfect IMO, each in their own style.

To be honest I haven't been into OL's new album. Really weird, but I simply haven't been able to get into it. I know it's great, but, for example, I've been much more into Winterhorde's new album.

To drown!

:lol:
Alright, after that song + those lyrics I have to look this album up. I've only heard "Mont Blanc Providence Crow" (the song) before and I've always thought of the band to be kinda "meh".
But I will buy the hype that all of you have built up the last couple of weeks now and really give the entire album a solid chance. To be continued...:err:

Haha I'm glad the posts helped :p . So you've never liked Solefald? Or maybe just didn't give the band a serious try? In Harmonia Universali (Mont Blanc's album) is kind of an exception for Solefald (at least IMO); it doesn't really follow the band's general style. I'd start with… well the beginning to see the band's musical evolution. My favourite is Pills Against the Ageless Ills because it has a song called "The USA Don't Exist" and talks about consumerism and stuff. If not, start with Neonism. Or any, since all of them are really exceptional albums.

Haha I'm glad the posts helped :p . So you've never liked Solefald? Or maybe just didn't give the band a serious try? In Harmonia Universali (Mont Blanc's album) is kind of an exception for Solefald (at least IMO); it doesn't really follow the band's general style. I'd start with… well the beginning to see the band's musical evolution. My favourite is Pills Against the Ageless Ills because it has a song called "The USA Don't Exist" and talks about consumerism and stuff. If not, start with Neonism. Or any, since all of them are really exceptional albums.

I have given "In Harmonia Universali" several tries, and I never got into it. Sure, I like Lars' vocals, some of the riffs and the overall craziness of the record. But it has never hooked me. I think I don't enjoy the general songwriting.
But here's the deal now:
I downloaded "Norrøn Livskunst" (will of course buy it later) and I absolutley LOVE this record. I don't know what else to say except that I now officially am a Solefald-fanboy.
I recently posted a blog for my top-10 of 2010, but it will of course change, now that Solefald took number one. Amazing record! :headbang:

I have given "In Harmonia Universali" several tries, and I never got into it. Sure, I like Lars' vocals, some of the riffs and the overall craziness of the record. But it has never hooked me. I think I don't enjoy the general songwriting.
But here's the deal now:
I downloaded "Norrøn Livskunst" (will of course buy it later) and I absolutley LOVE this record. I don't know what else to say except that I now officially am a Solefald-fanboy.
I recently posted a blog for my top-10 of 2010, but it will of course change, now that Solefald took number one. Amazing record! :headbang:

Red for Fire, Black for Death. Get that shit, yo.

But here's the deal now:

Hurrah, I've made Draugen a Solefald fanboy! Welcome to the club! :) Maybe now you should get The Circular Drain, which entitles you to a card saying you're part of the "Solefald Hardcore". It's kind of a weird album, though; I recommend getting it only after you're into the rest of the staff. (I'm 157 of the Solefald Hardcore :).)

And so, continue with Neonism, then the Linear Scaffold, then Pills, then Red and then Black. And maybe after that you'll like Harmonia. But it's OK if you don't like it because it's your loss hehe.

Solefald: Hugferdi.

Love that weird "virtuoso" style at around 2:15 hahaha.

Yo.

And yes, I think Neonism is the best one. But how can one decide? My favourite is Pills, though.

And yes, November's, Agalloch. They'll both share 1st place in my heart/list. To drown!

Solefald - Norrøn Livskunst
I just transcribed and uploaded the lyrics to the Metal Archives . Check it out, sing along, correct the stuff I fucked up.

Cool, thanks!
Could you maybe also translate that bit on the back of the album, I think it's a statement from that Klaus Johan Myrvoll dude, it goes like:

Um malforni:
Hognorsk er ein tradisjonell variant av det eine av dei tvo skriftmali i Noreg, nynorsk. Hognorsken fylgjer grunnleggjaren Ivar Aasens prinsipp um ein historisk skrivemote og eit puristisk, norskt ordval.

(I don't know how to make those special vowel symbols :Smug: )

Cool, thanks!
Could you maybe also translate that bit on the back of the album, I think it's a statement from that Klaus Johan Myrvoll dude, it goes like:

Um malforni:
Hognorsk er ein tradisjonell variant av det eine av dei tvo skriftmali i Noreg, nynorsk. Hognorsken fylgjer grunnleggjaren Ivar Aasens prinsipp um ein historisk skrivemote og eit puristisk, norskt ordval.

(I don't know how to make those special vowel symbols :Smug: )

Sure.

About the language:
Høgnorsk (High Norwegian) is a traditional variation of one of the two written languages in Norway, nynorsk (new Norwegian). The høgnorsk follow the creator Ivar Aasens principle of an historic way of writing and a pure, Norwegian choice of words.

Lacrimosa: Durch nacht und flut

Herz im Licht
Untragbar in Gestalt
Ich bin Dein Schatten
Du verbrennst mich nicht.
Herz im Geist
Das Leben neu versucht
Benutzt und abgelegt
Herz aus Stein.

Wach auf - ich suche Dich
Brich weit - mein Herz - ich löse Dich
Hoch aus - du Licht
Entflamme mich.
Zu Dir - ich weiss - ich finde Dich

Durch Nacht und Flut - ich spüre Dich
Ich hör Dich rufen - lese Deine Spur
Ich weiss - ich finde Dich
doch finde ich wirklich was ich suche?

Und wenn es Dich berührt
Im Beisein Dich verführt
Folgst Du den Händen
Die zum Tragen Dich erheben.

Und in den Händen
In diesen Armen
Beendest Du der Füsse Lauf
Und Deine Spur versiegt
jetzt und hier.

Brich weit mein Herz - ich löse Dich

Die Suche endet jetzt und hier
Gestein - kalt und nass
Granit in Deiner Brust
Der Stein der Dich zerdrückt
Der Fels der Dich umgibt
Aus dem gehauen Du doch bist.

Brich weit - mein Herz - ich löse Dich​

Is Høgnorsk the same thing as Bokmål?

NP: Agalloch // The Mantle

No, the two written languages in Norway are Bokmål (the most commonly used) and Nynorsk. Bokmål is more similar to Danish and is roughly how people around Oslo speak, and Nynorsk is compromised of bits of all the dialects in Norway.
Høgnorsk was apparently developed to be what Nynorsk set out to be when it was created, how people speak in Norway and not influenced by the stinking Danes. I actually hadn't heard of Høgnorsk before Solefald mentioned it.