The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

my favourite Samael album is Lesson In Magic #1. I guess that makes me a total idiot here...

Not a total idiot, my favourites are from the newer era as well; Passage and Reign Of Light. :p

I haven't actually heard that one - but isn't that something they released as Era One or something like that?

As of 2006, there is a double disc titled Samael - Era One & Lesson In Magic #1, where (obviously) Era One is on the first disc, and Lesson... is the second one.

NP: Fear Factory - Replica

Why, thank you.

You should try Yndi Halda, Daturah and pg.lost. Actually, there are gazillions of post-rock bands out there. Not all of them are good but most of them deserve some listens.

Check this link out. This should help you discover new stuff.

Thanks for the recommendations! I'm kind of lazy when it comes to FB, so perhaps you won't mind writing the names of some Post-Rock bands you think are excellent?

Yoko Kanno: First Vision [Escaflowne the Movie OST]

Yoko-sama is a musical genius.
new agalloch :rolleyes:

What? You not like?

Oh, sure.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor, obviously.
Explosions in the Sky (probably my all time favorite band)
Hermelin
65daysofstatic
Ocoai
mum
maybeshewill
Mogwai
Mono
Saxon Shore (a must have)
balmorhea
daturah
iLiKETRAiNS
the american dollar
pg.lost
Slint
Tortoise
Kwoon
Frames
Gregor Samsa
Hammock
Caspian
Bark Psychosis
Pelican (another must have)
Eluvium
Exxasens
Amiina
HRSTA
Esmerine

... and probably a million more.

no no, the smile was because it's not out yet :lol:
well i'm starting to like it, i haven't listened to it more than 4 four times for now, but yes i'm liking it!
the first and second listening have been a little weird, the album sounded like something unexpected, a little bit far from the agalloch-sound...but now it's definitely growing!

no no, the smile was because it's not out yet :lol:
well i'm starting to like it, i haven't listened to it more than 4 four times for now, but yes i'm liking it!
the first and second listening have been a little weird, the album sounded like something unexpected, a little bit far from the Agalloch-sound...but now it's definitely growing!

Yes, that's why it's so beautiful, excellent album. They've not stagnated; they've created a new masterpiece, which is their darkest to date. Simply put, I love it.

Not a total idiot, my favourites are from the newer era as well; Passage and Reign Of Light. :p

BUt you still called him an idiot hahaha :p . Although we're both kidding hehe.

Yeah, I think that if one has such good taste to listen to Vintersorg; one would prefer Electro/New Samael, since the quality is much better than the old stuff. Then again, most metal-heads don't know anything about music and go "Ohhh I want to fuck the Ceremony of Opposites album!!!!"

Oh, sure.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor, obviously.
Explosions in the Sky (probably my all time favorite band)
Hermelin
65daysofstatic
Ocoai
mum
maybeshewill
Mogwai
Mono
Saxon Shore (a must have)
balmorhea
daturah
iLiKETRAiNS
the american dollar
pg.lost
Slint
Tortoise
Kwoon
Frames
Gregor Samsa
Hammock
Caspian
Bark Psychosis
Pelican (another must have)
Eluvium
Exxasens
Amiina
HRSTA
Esmerine

... and probably a million more.

Thanks! Good way to start the coming vacations!

Another one I must add is Lights Out Asia. Their recently released album In The Days of Jupiter is by far my favorite album this year (sorry, Solefald!).

Thanks! I doubt it's better than Solefald. Fuck you. NOTHING is better than Solefald! So shut up!!! :yell:

Hehe :) .

Solefald - Norrøn Livskunst. Fucking incredible album!!!

INDEED! It's excellent. Like I thought would happen; they've managed a superb combination between AG and Folk Solefald.

I really like Tittentattenteksti, what a crazy song! :lol: Monkeys screaming :lol: . Still, I can't help myself and end up thinking of boobs when I read the title. Is titten tits? What would be an an accurate translation? Tits capturing textiles? :p

I really like Tittentattenteksti, what a crazy song! :lol: Monkeys screaming :lol: . Still, I can't help myself and end up thinking of boobs when I read the title. Is titten tits? What would be an an accurate translation? Tits capturing textiles? :p

I doubt it has a meaning. It's like something Charles Manson would say. "Rabbeldabbeldoolie" or whatever.