Cradle Of Filth - Darkly, Darkly, Venus Aversa
Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here
Agalloch - Marrow Of The Spirit
Helevorn - Forthcoming Displeasures
Eluveitie - Everything Remains As It Never Was
Dark Tranquillity - We Are The Void
Poisonblack - Of Rust And Bones
Nae'blis - Confusion & Apathy - In The Fog Of A Surreal Daydream

Along with others, I'll have to give it some more thought at the end of the year.

Well.. I know no one asked me but i'll try to make my top 10 of 2010 :p

Galar - Til Alle Heimsens Endar
Alcest - Écailles de Lune
Whom the moon a nightsong sings - folk compilation
Burzum - Belus
Winterhorde - Underwatermoon
Fejd - Eifur
Arckanum - Sviga Læ
Faanefjell - Trollmarsj
Borknagar - Universal
Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini

EDIT: jesus it's so difficult to make a top 10 D: I have more awesome bands to put in my personal top list so ...fuck it, i'll put here anyway

Rhapsody of Fire - The Frozen Tears of Angels
Lönndom - Viddernas Tolv Kapitel
Voluspaa - Åsa
Kiuas - Lustdriven
Harmaja - Lento
Metsatöll - Äio
Les Discrets - Septembre Et Ses Dernieres Pensees

Sigurðr;9534625 said:
Well.. I know no one asked me but i'll try to make my top 10 of 2010 :p

Galar - Til Alle Heimsens Endar
Alcest - Écailles de Lune
Whom the moon a nightsong sings - folk compilation
Burzum - Belus
Winterhorde - Underwatermoon
Fejd - Eifur
Arckanum - Sviga Læ
Faanefjell - Trollmarsj
Borknagar - Universal

*Les Discrets - Septembre Et Ses Dernieres Pensees

This list is more akin to my tastes! but it lacks the best of the best... SOLEFALD!

*In preparation for the Top 10 of the year, I'm re-listening to what I consider the best. What's your top 10? Or even just #1?
My absolute winner would be Nokturnal Mortum - Голос Сталі... except that its release date is December 26 2009... :erk: So technically this brilliant heavenly masterpiece doesn't even fit in a Top 2010 list... such a shame :cry:

well then:

1. Alcest - Écailles de lune
2. Les Discrets -
Septembre et ses dernières Pensées

[the rest of places still needs sorting out]
Bran Barr -
Sidh
Solefald -
Norrøn Livskunst
Dråpsnatt -
Hymner till Undergången
Ihsahn -
After
Agalloch -
Marrow of the Spirit
Galar -
Til alle heimsens endar
Negură Bunget - Vîrstele Pămîntului
Heidevolk -
Uit Oude Grond

this is not final, maybe something of these will be replaced with something else in the end...

This list is more akin to my tastes! but it lacks the best of the best... SOLEFALD!

I think that most part of you will want to kill me :lol: but...*taking a deep breath* I not so fan of solefald :\ I remember one time i was reading about solefald *probably here :lol:* and i decide to listen to it so I picked "The Linear Scaffold" and jesus what a wonderful album, the vocals and the fast black metal riffs are awesome so i runned after the other albums and i get a little disappointed :\

Sigurðr;9535680 said:
I think that most part of you will want to kill me :lol: but...*taking a deep breath* I not so fan of solefald : I remember one time i was reading about solefald *probably here :lol:* and i decide to listen to it so I picked "The Linear Scaffold" and jesus what a wonderful album, the vocals and the fast black metal riffs are awesome so i runned after the other albums and i get a little disappointed :
have you actually heard Norrøn Livskunst? Being no fan of Solefald at all i tell ya, give it a listen! So far i was able to digest only their Red/Black albums, but Norrøn Livskunst is something completely different. Even i can't deny its awesomeness! :lol: i did have to delete Tittentattenteksti track from my playlist as i found it totally horrendous but the rest of the album is great! :headbang:

NP: Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit
hmm, i must admit i have to agree this is not such a great album at all... I only really like 2 tracks, Black Lake Nidstång and Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires; They Escaped the Weight of Darkness and Into the Painted Grey are ok; The Watcher's Monolith and To Drown are uninspired and lengthy, and i think i agree about the whole production complaint :( Now i'm wondering if this album will still remain in my top 2010 by the end of the year... :rolleyes:

^ Oh mate I hate Leave's Eyes, how's the solo work?

Ahh that sucks, I love Leaves' Eyes. I also love Liv's solo albums but then again I might be a little biased because Liv is my favorite female vocalist, and has been since the first time I heard Theatre Of Tragedy back in 1998. Her solo stuff is not Metal at all it is Pop, so if you don't like pop music than you aren't really going to like it. I would recommend checking it out just to see if you like it, but I would suggest starting with the album "Enter My Religion", that is her best so far IMO.

258632.jpg

Ahh that sucks, I love Leaves' Eyes. I also love Liv's solo albums but then again I might be a little biased because Liv is my favorite female vocalist, and has been since the first time I heard Theatre Of Tragedy back in 1998. Her solo stuff is not Metal at all it is Pop, so if you don't like pop music than you aren't really going to like it. I would recommend checking it out just to see if you like it, but I would suggest starting with the album "Enter My Religion", that is her best so far IMO.

258632.jpg

Hey I love pop, especially 80s pop like Pet Shop Boys and Depeche Mode. Will listen to it, then. I really hate Leave's Eyes: The gal may sing, but it's horrible, musically speaking. I prefer After Forever, even if they're not together any more. Haven't heard Revamp, though.

Oh yeah, DT :headbang: . What think you of WAtV?

Alcest: Écailles de Lune (Part I)

Oh how I love this song, definitely within the Top 10 of the year. I love it, I simply love it. It moves me in such a strange way… it makes me want to cry, but I feel happy at the same time.

Mes pensées se noient à l'horizon….

Oh yeah, DT :headbang: . What think you of WAtV?

I like We Are The Void. Fiction is my second favorite DT album (behind only Haven) and WATV seems like a natural progression of that album. It might not be as good but it has some really killer songs on it, "The Fatalist" and "Iridium" being my favorites on the album.

BTW: Draugen —*I broke out Fejd // Eifur this morning on the way to school and it just hit home with me. Really great! I mean, I already loved the track "Arv" but this whole record has excellent tracks on it.

Thanks for the reminder!

NP: Fejd :D

BTW: Draugen —*I broke out Fejd // Eifur this morning on the way to school and it just hit home with me. Really great! I mean, I already loved the track "Arv" but this whole record has excellent tracks on it.

Thanks for the reminder!

NP: Fejd :D

Hehe, inga problem :)
Visst är det en bra platta!

Blizzard Entertainment - Nightsong
World of Warcraft - Cataclysm OST (2010)

Proud owner of the collector's edition, which includes the soundtrack. Great music on there like on any other Blizzard game. Old pieces from the original WoW zones completely reworked to fit into the new version of the game after the cataclysmic events.
This last track is mighty beautiful, just way too short...

Blizzard Entertainment - Nightsong
World of Warcraft - Cataclysm OST (2010)

Proud owner of the collector's edition, which includes the soundtrack. Great music on there like on any other Blizzard game. Old pieces from the original WoW zones completely reworked to fit into the new version of the game after the cataclysmic events.
This last track is mighty beautiful, just way too short...

I was going to buy the collector's edition as well but after I saw that it had been priced at 80€ (106$) over here... I opted for much cheaper regular version for 33,90€.=/ I'm sure the soundtrack is awesome though!

Tegan And Sara - Northshore