The Never Ending Now Playing Thread

I like the cover, but hoped they would have changed the logo.

np:
The Future Sound of London - Heart Sick Chord
Environments 3 (2010)

Lovely ending to this brilliant album. Still discovering new things every time I listen to it.

I like the cover, but hoped they would have changed the logo.

np:
The Future Sound of London - Heart Sick Chord
Environments 3 (2010)

Lovely ending to this brilliant album. Still discovering new things every time I listen to it.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping they'd change the band logo too, but I guess they're continuing their Icelandic Odyssey Saga. I wanted more old-school Solefald (crazy AG), but I won't complain, I hold the band in very high regard (perhaps more than Arcturus? Not sure….).

Still, the cover is brilliant and I love it! :Spin:

Yeah, I was kind of hoping they'd change the band logo too, but I guess they're continuing their Icelandic Odyssey Saga. I wanted more old-school Solefald (crazy AG), but I won't complain, I hold the band in very high regard (perhaps more than Arcturus? Not sure….).

Still, the cover is brilliant and I love it! :Spin:

Continuing the saga? lol that reminds me of that April Fools joke (2007?) White For Power :lol:

Oh, that's funny, 'cause I really like the Solefald logo as it is. I think it's quite cool.

Posted by Enslaved review, if anyone's interested.

Right now I'm mixing my own track.

…but let’s not kid ourselves: Enslaved is still basically the only band from the original wave of black metal that’s still doing anything this original or interesting.

I'm not saying that I don't like the "new" logo, it's brilliant, but I was kind of hoping for a change.

The only original and interesting band? Doesn't that seem a tad exaggerated? What about Bork? Although I see that you gave Universal 3.5, too low a score IMO, but hey, it's your site :) .

I really can't wait to listen to the new Enslaved, despite their popularity, their still a really good band.

Continuing the saga? lol that reminds me of that April Fools joke (2007?) White For Power :lol:

White for Power… Pink for Breath!

LAME :lol: . Haha who did that April Fool's? It sure wasn't me.

I'm not saying that I don't like the "new" logo, it's brilliant, but I was kind of hoping for a change.

The only original and interesting band? Doesn't that seem a tad exaggerated? What about Bork? Although I see that you gave Universal 3.5, too low a score IMO, but hey, it's your site :) .

I really can't wait to listen to the new Enslaved, despite their popularity, their still a really good band.

Uh, yeah, the new Borknagar grew and then grew and then I grew away from it. :p I think Solefald is really great, but they're newer and appart from the scene. Arcturus dead and got worse with time, Borknagar was really, really, really great and has gone down hill for reasons which I don't need to discuss here, but mainly writing (IMO). Mayhem is a shadow. Immortal is a band that I've never really gotten into much less understood the major appeal. Ulver is long gone. Emperor disbanded and quit making good music after Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk. Satyricon hasn't put out a record I liked since they were wearing blue face paint. Darkthrone I've never really liked much, but especially their later material, while I understand precisely where they're coming from, doesn't appeal to me at all. Burzum.. well.. Mr. the Vikernes is someone whose strong and highly misinformed opinions about everything deserve no money or support. I'm sure I'm missing some that I'll think of later, but I think that Enslaved is about it. They're awesome to this day. And they're unique and they don't sound tired. I guess Gorgoroth stayed good and actually got really good for a while there. Do they count as part of the original wave? In any case, I defend my opinion.

NP: Folge dem Wind // Thus Echoes the Earth

Seriously, I'm almost the only one on Last.FM who listens to these guys. They call themselves Animist Post-Black metal. If you like any sort of black metal check them out, they deserve some attention.

@Alteredmindeath I forgot this band, I didn`t know that anybody still listens Primus this days. I loved this music back in the days. Cool song.

Therion - Sitra Ahra
Winterhorde - Underwatermoon surprise of the year at least for me. It`s much better than any DimmuB if I`m allowed to compare with them. Anyway I`m not a big fan of DB though PEM was an okay album.